Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Pioner Avic D2 - Compatibility Question

Hi guys.

Been offered a 1 month old Pioneer AVIC D2 double din head unit for a very good price.

This is the unit: PIONEER AVIC D2

Does anyone know firstly if it will fit ok without any major alterations etc etc. and also whether everything will work alright on it (navigation, tv tuner, radio, etc etc).

All help much appreciated.

Rob

Hi,

I've got a D3 in my gs and everything works fine... should be pretty much the same as the d2

however i did not install it, got a local shop to do it (part of pioneers free install promo)

the autoleads facia can be assemble so it takes a double DIN unit no worries.

Is your IS200 a Navigator or SE,S spec etc.

If it is an SE or Sport you will need a bypass lead from E-Bay, other than that

so long as it is complete and working you should have no probs.

I have a walkthru to get the original H.U out if you need it mate :D

cheers wozza, ur a gent. :D

i think i'll be needing the walkthru.

any chance of a link to the autoleads surround and bypass lead? i have a Sport model, so presume i'll be needing that....

its a lovely looking headunit, but i've never swapped an OEM stereo for an aftermarket (apart from a simple one in a vectra) so am a bit reluctant in case its a real PITA!!

the price the guy wants for it is very good though :)

Autoleads Fascia FP-25-00

Item number: 230218591638

Item number: 250211748375

Item number: 140196722029

By-Pass lead E-Bay Item number: 180210948599

PM me your email addy as well matey and I'll send you the walkthru

Also if you want the thin surround to match the dash, look at my Autoleads Facia Thread

Very easy mod as you will have just the outer border to do :D

When I was in the US I was looking at buying a D3 and although I didn't care as my car has satnav, no one seemed to know for sure whether you could simply stick in a UK map and all would work fine. I know there are differences between the mapping in Europe and the US, but not sure if there are any differences in hardware.

The best option would be to send a quick email to Pioneer and ask them if it would work, they're usually quite helpful.

i'll try and get a picture when i get home from work.

one criticism on the sat nav, i dont know if this is with all pioneers, but it is with mine...

- the car doesnt pin point its location as good as the nav man i have. if you dont pay enough attention you could end up missing your turn as it seems to update slower.(im sure theres a setting i need to play with to fix it though)

apart from that its all good! i can even play songs through the speakers with my Bluetooth phone! (the gauges are cool too)

another good thing bout it, it will work when theres no sat signal like through a tunnel. it works out your speed and adjusts the map.

Autoleads Fascia FP-25-00

Item number: 230218591638

Item number: 250211748375

Item number: 140196722029

By-Pass lead E-Bay Item number: 180210948599

PM me your email addy as well matey and I'll send you the walkthru

Also if you want the thin surround to match the dash, look at my Autoleads Facia Thread

Very easy mod as you will have just the outer border to do :D

thanks mate, may come in useful.

If you need a hand fitting it Rob give me a shout mate, as i've had mine out a few times so know how it all comes apart :D

was going to pm you about tha fella :D :P can sort it along with the exhaust positioning and ARB's one weekend if u fancy?? assuming i get the head unit that is....

When I was in the US I was looking at buying a D3 and although I didn't care as my car has satnav, no one seemed to know for sure whether you could simply stick in a UK map and all would work fine. I know there are differences between the mapping in Europe and the US, but not sure if there are any differences in hardware.

The best option would be to send a quick email to Pioneer and ask them if it would work, they're usually quite helpful.

yeah, think i'll do that matey......

i'll try and get a picture when i get home from work.

one criticism on the sat nav, i dont know if this is with all pioneers, but it is with mine...

- the car doesnt pin point its location as good as the nav man i have. if you dont pay enough attention you could end up missing your turn as it seems to update slower.(im sure theres a setting i need to play with to fix it though)

apart from that its all good! i can even play songs through the speakers with my bluetooth phone! (the gauges are cool too)

another good thing bout it, it will work when theres no sat signal like through a tunnel. it works out your speed and adjusts the map.

cheers mate, would be appreciated.... :D

unfortunately looks like i'll have to pass on this. i've spoke with pioneer and although the radio, cd, mp3 and dvd will all work (assuming region 1 dvd's are used), the navigation and tv tuner won't. It isn't simply a case of using a UK map DVD for the navi :crybaby:

also, the TV is NTSC format, not PAL like in he UK, and therefore won't work either. seems sily to buy it when these two things won't function.

unfortunately looks like i'll have to pass on this. i've spoke with pioneer and although the radio, cd, mp3 and dvd will all work (assuming region 1 dvd's are used), the navigation and tv tuner won't. It isn't simply a case of using a UK map DVD for the navi :crybaby:

also, the TV is NTSC format, not PAL like in he UK, and therefore won't work either. seems sily to buy it when these two things won't function.

Nevermind mate you'll just have to buy us all a present instead :whistling::lol::lol:

lol, yea i guess i will mate!!! got that pink leotard packed already for ya mate....don't worry :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh and i wanted the gold one like yours :lol::lol: :P

gold one?? ur mistaking me for someone else chris :whistling::lol::lol::lol:

your weekend antics are creepig out now fella........ :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links