Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bosch Aerotwin Wipers?

Hi, has anyone fitted these to thier RX300? And if so what/which fitting or part number did you use? I have smooched around Halfrauds and my local greasepit at the weekend but did not manage to work out wether there is a fitting which will suit our cars!

best regards David

if the RXs have standard style wiperblade fitments then Halfords wont be much use as the standard bosch aerotwins have a different fitment.

I got my retrofit aerotwins for my IS200 from eBay (im very happy with them). I paid about £24. They were listed specifically for the Is but if you find they are not for the RX, all you need to know is the size of each of your wipers it would be easy enough to do some research into what set you need.

I know the size 24" & 21" but it is the arm to blade fitting that seems to be different.....the arm section is a little more "chunky" than standard and the gap between the bend (if you understand what I mean?) is somewhat smaller than usual.....

Halfrauds didn't list any blades for the RX :shutit: and I cannot find an online catalogue for Bosch.....I will look on that website though...cheers....was just hoping to pop in on the way home and pick up a pair! :lol:

Best regards David

I have the non bosch versions off fleabay (just wanted a cheapo version to see if I liked the design), they have worked perfect so far with no issues. I can only remember one member (his uncle I believe) who had one fly off, so not really a huge problem or design flaw as yet :shifty: I may get bosch next time just to see if they are any better, but would go back to the cheapo ones without hesitation if the bosch ones weren't worth it.

From what I remember, halfrauds didn't list any for the Mk1 GS300 either, but they did fit, maybe they would fit the RX as well. I went for the flat type which halfrauds didn't do anyway the next time round.

I can only remember one member (his uncle I believe) who had one fly off

It was my Uncle that was mentioned on wiper thread early last year sometime,

I advised other members to get the genuine Bosch part, and 2 LOC Members

posted up on that thread later saying the dreaded had happened.

1 in particular had a bad scratch across his windcreen from the metal wiper arm. :tsktsk:

I am sure yours are absolutely fine Tigerfish, but others haven't been quite so fortunate. :crybaby:

At the end of the day "you pays yer money, yer takes your choice"

so I hope whatever solution you decide Boxbrownie , you get something you are happy with :D

I'll be happy if I can get some to fit............

Looks like I'll be off to the suppliers with accurate dimensions of my arms then.....looked at a Volvo S60 here today and seem the fitting is completely different (but the size/length is spot on)....damn shame as Halfrauds had those for sale as a set.......

Best regards David

I appears there are a few cheapo brands that suit the RX, and standard bosch ones are also on eBay.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...lexus+rx*+wiper

My assumption would be they are a standard fitment, it would be far to costly for lexus to manufacture/commision a different style of clip for one model of car.

As for the boschs falling off, ive had mine in use serval times at twice the legal limit (on a private road) and theyve never been anything but settled. The only way I could imagine them coming loose is improper fitment, they do have a funny swivel clip that needs 1stly needs to be firmly positioned the arm hook, and then clamped down firmly.

I have some of the cheaper flatbades on my Nova, they have a different style of mount, but have also been at the same speeds and been faultless.

I appears there are a few cheapo brands that suit the RX, and standard bosch ones are also on ebay.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...lexus+rx*+wiper

My assumption would be they are a standard fitment, it would be far to costly for lexus to manufacture/commision a different style of clip for one model of car.

Yep I had a look on the bay last night and found some non-bosch, so ordered a pair......as you say provided they are fitted correctly and they are not obviously "under engineered" they should be OK on the presumption the rubber is of good enough quality to actually wipe clean and wear well! We will see.....

As to your assumption it would be to costly to make different fitments....nothing could be further from the truth within the motor industry I am afraid.....with carry over and parts suppliers tending cheaper bids for business you will find many components that could have been made exactly the same over a range of vehicles seemingly mindlessly completely non interchangable at all odds with logic.....its the nature of the business......so much for cross platform commonality! :duh:

Best regards David

• 4 months later...
Sorry for the late reply.

I've fitted similar type onto my RX300 MkI - The two cost me £20 all in - best 20 quid ever.

Very quiet and super clean

Used http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/ just picked my car, year etc. and then picked drivers and passenger side

Hmm I was sceptical about the name....but the "Truepart" flat blades after a few hours "running in" wipe perfectly....very quiet which is needed in our cars!

I just ordered a second pair for next year....as there is an 10% off offer on during June.....so why not....its only money....and very little at that! :D

Best regards David

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links