Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange Noise!

Rikos

Hello all,

Well, when i'm driving above 20 mph and have the window open i can hear a quiet squeal coming from the front drivers side wheel. :unsure:

Then i was sat in traffic today and noticed that when i pulled up and released the brake it is as though it is still on very slightly and makes the same noise as when you lift of the brake and it just starts to turn with the brake still on a little bit.

It doesnt pull to one side when braking and doesnt seem to be getting hotter than the other side.

What could this be?? I had the idea that it may be the caliper sticking slightly, or is it the pads or discs? I had the discs and pads changed about 4 months ago.

Any ideas would be welcome and even better if someone knows how i can fix it ....... an even better if you want to come over an fix it :whistling:

sticky caliper ?

need to jack it up and compare pads & discs on both front wheels

Have a look to see if one of the front wheels is getting dirtier than the other a week or so after a wash. If one is then it could be a slightly sticky caliper (more brake dust being produced because of increased contact).

If it is a caliper sticking get it sorted asap - having a caliper seize whilst bombing up the motorway is no fun (it happened to me last week.)

Get the front end lifted up, first check does the wheels spin freely or are the pads/calipers sticking, then check if theres any loose on the wheel bearing. I believe someone can explain how to do that better than me, my english...

Your English is BETTER than some on here :lol:

I'm ashamed of myself sometimes for not knowing any other language.

Sorry :offtopic:

The discs and pads where changed 4 months ago so shouldnt need changing again. Alos, i know it's not a warped disc as it makes no noise when braking as thats why i changed the discs months ago.

I have a feeling it is the caliper sticking on so will need to get it off and greased up. Is copper grease ok?

no mate - never for the caliper piston. look for silicon grease instead. take the pads out, clean the dirt off the piston and then lubricate the outside of it and work it in and out using the brake and a big pair of water pump pliers or similar

no mate - never for the caliper piston. look for silicon grease instead. take the pads out, clean the dirt off the piston and then lubricate the outside of it and work it in and out using the brake and a big pair of water pump pliers or similar

Cheers Rob shall get it sorted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links