Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Heated Front Screen?

Had my RX300 Mk1 '03 for a couple of weeks now.....pretty pleased with it....one thing bugs me a lot though....the crummy defrost setting! Problem is I guess I have got used to the heated front screens on the various Fords I drive, bloody marvelous invention, damn wish the patent would be released though :huh:

But, I have noticed on a RX wiring diagram it seems to show a "heated front screen" element......does anyone know if this option was available? Obviously not in this country......but where? I can only think maybe Japan or maybe the US......anyone?

Best regards David

Had my RX300 Mk1 '03 for a couple of weeks now.....pretty pleased with it....one thing bugs me a lot though....the crummy defrost setting! Problem is I guess I have got used to the heated front screens on the various Fords I drive, bloody marvelous invention, damn wish the patent would be released though :huh:

But, I have noticed on a RX wiring diagram it seems to show a "heated front screen" element......does anyone know if this option was available? Obviously not in this country......but where? I can only think maybe Japan or maybe the US......anyone?

Best regards David

Probably of no use to you, but my IS200 had a heating element running along the bottom of the screen which defrosted the part which the wipers sat on. This came on with the rear window heater. My IS250 has the same, but it's controlled by a switch. It's a bit annoying remembering to switch the wipers off Auto when it's frosty, otherwise they get defrosted.... by brute force!

Best regards David

Probably of no use to you, but my IS200 had a heating element running along the bottom of the screen which defrosted the part which the wipers sat on. This came on with the rear window heater. My IS250 has the same, but it's controlled by a switch. It's a bit annoying remembering to switch the wipers off Auto when it's frosty, otherwise they get defrosted.... by brute force!

Duh!!! yes of course.....silly me, that must be what they call the "front defogger" on the diagram......oh well not exactly what I would call a heated front screen.......I have the heated wiper area on mine.....oh well......back to the kitchen wipes and

Oh yes, it certainly is patented, and yes its the filament within the glass thats the trick....and I should know :whistling: ;)

Ford....Jaguar....Volvo....Landrover....AM......just close family, OK AM now an orphan :lol:

Best regards David

Hmm I wonder how they are heated? I know for a fact the micro-filament heated screen technology is a Ford Mo Co patent....would be interesting to see one of those HH screens.......especially for Fords patent officer :whistling::lol:

Best regards David

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links