Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fresh Lexus Owner

britrb

Hi all, I have just bought a second hand LS400 and am already bitten by the bug!

Just one question though, whats the most cost effective way of firming up the suspension a little? I almost got seasick driving home in it the other day... :sick: I was thinking just a strut brace front and rear (I dont want it lowered so that I ground out on wee pebbles!) I am also thinking of adding a DVD head unit with SatNav. I am also planning on getting a spare set of the origional alloy wheels, and giving them a good polish so that the shine like mirrors.

I have never owned a car with as much comfort and power (at least not at the same time anyway) its good being old enough to ensure such a nice car :)

I am a member of several other forums, mostly computer modding and geeky tech forums, and am allways willing to help out with computer issues for free (I do NOT work forpc world :tsktsk: ). Remember, there's not many problems that cant be solved with a 2lb ball hammer!

Piccys to follow (waiting for the sun to come out on a day off, this may take a while though :( )

Welcome to the club.

Glad your happy with the car. I think a strut brace will help tighten up the chasis an increase handling but if the original suspension is quite soft then you may need to purchase some new springs. You can buy them without lowering it too much.

Guest inicol63

Hi Britrb

Welcome firstly to LOC I too have owned a LS400 I TO LOVE IT.

I think you have already mention how you can improve the ride with out loosing the arm chair driving, by adding struts.

But of course you may just enjoy driving the car as it is after a few miles.

If you look at this site then you will find that the wheels on Lexus model range are rubbish, lots of corrision.

You dont have too much to worry about with things going wrong as these are pretty bullet proof.

Enjoy being a member and enjoy your car

Ian

Here's the eBay pictures.

7809_1.jpg

7892_1.jpg

79ed_1.jpg

7942_0.jpg

Nothing has changed from those pictures apart from its had a good wash and polish, and the rubbish has been thrown out.

cost me £870, 190,000 miles. Still leaves your kidneys in the boot on take off!!

Remember, there's not many problems that cant be solved with a 2lb ball hammer!

Piccys to follow (waiting for the sun to come out on a day off, this may take a while though :( )

Welcome to LOC. Loving the LS - I had the same 'seasick' problem with my Peugeot 307 a few years ago - I solved the problem by selling it and buying a sports car!!! I wouldn't want to get rid of an LS though. At £870, even if you only get 6 months of use out of it it's basically cost nothing so a bargain!

You're so right about the hammer - has got me out of more complicated computer 'this program has perfomed an illegal operation' situations than I care to mention!

Keith

• 1 month later...

Is there a spec sheet with the information like:

My model's mk no.

BHP.

Torque.

Wheel offsets (Which I have now thanks to this forum :) )

Thanks again guys and gals :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, its been lovely. I just had my entire drivers side mangled by some blind tw&t in a lorry.

Bugger. :crybaby: :tsktsk: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links