Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much Do You Think It Would Cost...

I know what you mean mate, unexpected costs can spiral out of control on a repair like this. If it can be put back on the road for a couple of k it might be worth doing. I know it is difficult to assess how badly damaged the car is by only looking at a few pics online.

Besides its a CAT D, so it means it will be difficult to shift when I come to sell it, I think I'll leave this one.

Agree with the rest,

Deffo looks like a major suspension re-build - hidden costs underneath the car.

Plus where are you going to locate the parts from? Stealers sorry i mean the Lexus Dealers (most parts will be dealer items only) or perhaps Scrappers? - in that case the parts will be very rear to locate too.

Best to keep clear..mate.

Dibs

The only ones to touch are those that have been stolen recovered and have no damage...from my experince these damaged ones are cheap for one and one reason alone!

This one looks like:

Suspension, wheel, sill and possibly brake damage

Inner and outer wings

bumper/sensors for parking

A post - the door doesn't look to sit right

Front panel - the bottom image looks decidedly dodgy! It's panned not to show the bottom left....Hhhmmm

I would say £10-12.5k minimum damage CTR assuming you get parts at cost IF the A post/door is OK - but you would have to take an expert with you to view and just the paint job won't be cheap to make it look sweet

The only ones to touch are those that have been stolen recovered and have no damage...from my experince these damaged ones are cheap for one and one reason alone!

This one looks like:

Inner and outer wings

Front panel - the bottom image looks decidedly dodgy! It's panned not to show the bottom left....Hhhmmm

I would say £10-12.5k minimum damage CTR assuming you get parts at cost IF the A post/door is OK - but you would have to take an expert with you to view and just the paint job won't be cheap to make it look sweet

Do you really think the stolen recovered ones are the best :question: what about the saying ''drive it like you stole it'' do you think who ever stole it is going to treat the car the same as you would ? Ive seen many a stolen car that looks ok, but the engine/gearbox are in need of attention, not to mention how many kerbs thay have hit, and at what speed ?

Very few have no Damage, the damage is what you dont see :o with one that has been in a crash you can see what you are getting.

This one looks like:

Inner and outer wings

Dont forget that one of the arigbags has deployed, so that add airbag, airbag ecu and sensors, possibly seat belt pretentioners to the list

not worth doing unless you have the time and money, thats why its a write off

These can be done in my view, my local garage, has one in every other week, he strips it down to rid of the parts that are broken, then works back out to rebuild again buying all the parts he needs, sometimes when i take my car in and check out his "projects", they are just car shell's entire side of the car need to be bought, its mad! but hes profiting, so it must be working ok!

But its easily said when you have the experience, and he usual only has the exotic cars, SL55's CL55's Cayannes and the like.

If its your first, id stay away, if you're going to use a garage to help, it could be good!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links