Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Brake Carrier

Aky

Hi,

My brake pads on my driverside is touching the disc when driving and it sqeeks up to 50mph, can't hear nothing at high speeds. Took it to the garage and they told me the sliders arn't working and are seized. They freed them up for me and greased them up. After few days same thing. Been advised to get 2 new carriers as the other side is seized too.

Can anyone advise me of getting these carriers new from some where.

Thank you

Aky

the calipers float on two steel rods. you should be able to clean these up with wire wool and the same for the holes that they fit into. liberal application of grease and you should be ok. worth a try, it's an easy job. also worth noting that the amount of movement needed via these rods is minimal, so just freeing them off a little will most likly do the job.

Good luck

jack

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I have cleaned the sliders with wire wool and greased them but after couple days same thing again. I've been told sliders are siezed and the rubber cover is split letting water etc in. Garage advised me best to get new carriers for both sides. Any one know the price for the carriers and best place to get them from.

Thanks

Aky

Sarcasm, Rob the point is to get help don't need your sarcasm. I've spoken to Lexus but was trying to find out if any other place I can look for a brake carrier other then Lexus. Also any other way to resolve this problem.

Aky

Are you sure it is the slider pins and not the caliper pistons? Everytime you take them off you are going to push the pistons back in so that could help clear it for a couple of days. New slider pins are £8 or there abouts I think, not sure if the rubber boot is included with that. There are also some white plastic bits on the slider pins (which migh be missing on yours) and could cause problems maybe? I just think the carriers are probably the last bit to change as an if all alse fails job. The pistons are more like to be causing your problems IMO. I have visions of nice shiney new carriers and seized brakes again after two days.

Sarcasm, Rob the point is to get help don't need your sarcasm. I've spoken to Lexus but was trying to find out if any other place I can look for a brake carrier other then Lexus. Also any other way to resolve this problem.

Aky

sarcastic yes but it was also very true - the IS is not a mass produced car the same as a golf etc whereby u can get parts from places like german&swedish - so the choices are limited hence go to the main dealer. I also highly doubt its the slider pins amd more likely its the pistons sticking.

Aky

sarcastic yes but it was also very true - the IS is not a mass produced car the same as a golf etc whereby u can get parts from places like german&swedish - so the choices are limited hence go to the main dealer. I also highly doubt its the slider pins amd more likely its the pistons sticking.

Very poor response :crybaby: bloody hell I thought this was a forum that encouraged people to ask for help

Aky

Very poor response :crybaby: bloody hell I thought this was a forum that encouraged people to ask for help

have a look at my other posts and u will see i am actually very very helpful- i still stand by my reply

Aky

have a look at my other posts and u will see i am actually very very helpful- i still stand by my reply

I agree on most of the posts i find that Rob is very helpful. And a little sarcasm never hurt anyone!

Tom.

Thanks for the replies.

I spoke to the garage again today and i'm getting told the sliders were siezed solid and took bit of time freeing them up. I'm strongly getting recommended to buy the carriers has pistons and the rest look fine.

I've rang up Lexus Hatfield and got a price of two carriers for £224.64 inc Vat. Going to go for this option.

Aky

Thanks for the replies.

I spoke to the garage again today and i'm getting told the sliders were siezed solid and took bit of time freeing them up. I'm strongly getting recommended to buy the carriers has pistons and the rest look fine.

I've rang up Lexus Hatfield and got a price of two carriers for £224.64 inc Vat. Going to go for this option.

Aky

Fingers crossed then mate. Remember to order the slide pins as well, they are not part of the carrier as far as I know. As I mentioned further up, they are in the ball park of £8 each, so that will be another £32 (+VAT?) on top. You may also have to buy new rubber boots for each pin too as I can't remember if the pins came with them, I have a feeling they didn't.

Going to buy both and if the carriers arn't needed i won't use and return them. Yes sliders are separte and are £40 for the set. Ordered both going to get them on Monday. Let you know how it goes.

Aky

OK sounds like a good plan - let us know what happens

It may be worth looking at my post regarding front brakes, incidently new rubber boots for the calliper sliders come within the seal kit which I refer to. I cleaned my sliders up, put knew rubbers on either end and greased them up. :shifty:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=48511

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links