Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been offered a IS220D from a main Lexus Dealer....

07/07 13000 miles (bit high!) base model, metallic paint, with multimedia pack £19,500

or 07/07 10,000 miles base model, metallic paint, No multimedia pack £17,900

or 07/57 No miles pre regd car, base model, metallic paint, No multimedia £19500

Which is the better deal? is the sound system in the multimedia version that much better? Is the phone, sat nav, and rear parking camera really worth having?

Fast straw poll appreciated.....

Cheers

Sorry to chuck spanners again - but you really do need to be sure that you want the 220d. That's what I would say...and by the sounds of it it isn't a company car - you're paying for it???

In which case look for a slightly older 250SE Auto with MLS - that would be the safest bet. Only 10% less economy at worst, no gearing or fifth injector issues, and remember that petrol is now over 5% cheaper to buy, etc...

So in answer - my honest view is that none of those you mention are a good buy!

Welcome

Accept what you are saying....but

£19,500 will only give me a 55 plate 250 with a much higher mileage...

I think after reading the reports, the deisel, whilst not acheiving the specified consumption, it should return better than 10% over the 2.5 petrol....

The petrol is only any good (according to reviews) when paired with an auto box, and I do not really want another auto...

Then there is the tax..... I dont think it will be long before Cat F is treated under the same umbrella as Cat G is now....at least with a Cat E I should have a bit more breathing space if they hike up tax bands, which I am sure they will...

Horese for courses.....I think I will stick with the deisel....I am not heavy footed, so should be able to return 40+, especially on motorways which is most of my driving....

Been offered a IS220D from a main Lexus Dealer....

07/07 13000 miles (bit high!) base model, metallic paint, with multimedia pack £19,500

or 07/07 10,000 miles base model, metallic paint, No multimedia pack £17,900

or 07/57 No miles pre regd car, base model, metallic paint, No multimedia £19500

Which is the better deal? is the sound system in the multimedia version that much better? Is the phone, sat nav, and rear parking camera really worth having?

Fast straw poll appreciated.....

Cheers

In answer to your question, I would bite the hand off anyone who could give me the MM option for two grand. In fact when I change my car, whatever car I get, the first thing I am going to look for is a car with reverse camera option, its fantastic ( makes you bone idle mind). The sound is great, phone system is good, sat/nav is cool and people just love it when you start talking to the car and it answers back. DVD is a waste of space though.

Horese for courses.....I think I will stick with the deisel....I am not heavy footed, so should be able to return 40+, especially on motorways which is most of my driving....

Wouldn't bank on it. You can have a feather-light foot and yet never get to see the dizzy heights beyond 38mpg!

Anyone want to buy mine? I'll sell it to you for £20k - 17500 miles, MLS, One careful fastiduous owner! Having had mine for almost 2 years, I stand by what I stated above, but it's your dosh... :lol::whistling:

Joking aside - even if you've had an Auto before, I can assure you that it will not have been as good as the IS250 Auto. Go test drive one - you'll be amazed. I have driven and owned Auto's before, but this is the best of the current crop of any make. The changes are almost imperceptible, unless kickdown, it really is a marvel and the fuel economy is only a tad worse than the diesel if driven sensibly.

I take what you say about the Catf/g stuff, but if you are worried about economy, then you might be better off with another make altogether.

I've just done over 1200 miles in a 9 day period in mine, never broke the speed limit, used Cruise with AC off, on quiet motorways (all in twilight hours stuff) and couldn't break 39mpg....I got an indicated 39.5mpg and an actual at the pumps figure of 38.9mpg.

It's booked in for a whopping £380 20k service, and I have mentioned that the 5th injector may need attention again. It's becoming an annual thing, and I dread to think what it might cost if that fails after warranty...

Oh no - I did it again.... :lol:

Wouldn't bank on it. You can have a feather-light foot and yet never get to see the dizzy heights beyond 38mpg!

Go for the 250 with MM and Auto, the Auto is tax band F and the Manual is Band G so cheaper there

I drive to Manchester at least once a week and the worst i average is 45MPG up to the dizzy

heights of 54MPG the best i have ever done is 56.4 on a round trip of 320 miles at 70mph ish.

If i push it upto 85 the consuption drops down to about 42mpg

I, like the majority of the guys on here dont like the 6th gear in the oil burner.

Infinity.

I agree with this statement whole heartedly. I did a 300 mile round trip of motorway/dual carriageway in a 220d with the cruise control fixed at 70mph and it averaged 37.5.

I can get 35mpg out of my petrol IS200 at the same speed.

I've also experienced the awful 6th gear of the 220d. AND it sounds like a bag of spanners, no matter what the dealer says.

On the plus side, there acres of torque and 2nd gear is great fun, if only for a short while.

In short, if I was gonna buy a new IS it would be some form of petrol IS250 with a manual box...

Go for the 250 with MM and Auto, the Auto is tax band F and the Manual is Band G so cheaper there

I drive to Manchester at least once a week and the worst i average is 45MPG up to the dizzy

heights of 54MPG the best i have ever done is 56.4 on a round trip of 320 miles at 70mph ish.

If i push it upto 85 the consuption drops down to about 42mpg

I, like the majority of the guys on here dont like the 6th gear in the oil burner.

Infinity.

So you say you get 45mpg out of a 250 auto

as i am looking to part x my IS200 as i need a petrol tanker following me

and first i thought go for diesel but if you recon you get that return from a 2.5 petrol WOW

i drive on the M42 M6 daily so all i would ever be doing is Motoway miles

so Best get petrol than Diesel.

I'm impressed by those figures too, I was recently doing a few longer motorway runs and couldn't top 27mpg in my IS200, the IS250 is clearly much better than it's given credit for, surely mpg in the 50s is therefore better than the diesel on a long cruise?

I'm impressed by those figures too, I was recently doing a few longer motorway runs and couldn't top 27mpg in my IS200, the IS250 is clearly much better than it's given credit for, surely mpg in the 50s is therefore better than the diesel on a long cruise?

50s out of an IS250 auto?? I drove mine at 60 all the way up the M11 from the M25 to Peterborough at 60 with the cruise on and thought I'd done well to get 41. Admittedly the aircon was on, but 50+? - isn't that a tad much...?

50s out of an IS250 auto?? I drove mine at 60 all the way up the M11 from the M25 to Peterborough at 60 with the cruise on and thought I'd done well to get 41. Admittedly the aircon was on, but 50+? - isn't that a tad much...?

Yeah does seem crazy, that means a range of almost 800 miles on one tank - surely that's not correct?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links