Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Se Grom Installation

Hi Guys,

After going through some of the thread here, i bought the Grom interface for my IS200. I will freely admit that i am not your hands on kind of guy when it comes to the car so i wont even try so that i dont damage something else in the process :crybaby: ! I was wondering if anyone here who lives in London knows how to install it? I'll come to you and pay for the service :winky: :winky: ...

Please let me know...

Hi Guys,

After going through some of the thread here, i bought the Grom interface for my IS200. I will freely admit that i am not your hands on kind of guy when it comes to the car so i wont even try so that i dont damage something else in the process :crybaby: ! I was wondering if anyone here who lives in London knows how to install it? I'll come to you and pay for the service :winky: :winky: ...

Please let me know...

I'm no expert but i managed to get mine done in 1hr-i can probably help out if you stereo looks like this http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...ages/lexrx1.JPG

Hi Guys,

Please let me know...

Hi mate,

My advise is have a go yourself. Believe me - I'm definitely not the hands on type of guy either but I was able to fit the grom easily. See my workshop post here.

There's nothing complex about the job at all - it's like a very simple meccano - about 6 or 8 bolts in all. You'll feel much happier with yourself if you DIY and you'll know more about your car.

My advice: take an hour or so of investigating how the dash is put together. Go and get the right tools and then take your time - take it slow. You'll only damage something if you rush it. If you're steady and careful it'll all go swimmingly.

If you get stuck along the way - post for advice here or PM me - I'll be happy to be a helpline on the phone if I'm around (work has me away alot at the mo though)

Hi Guys,

Please let me know...

I'm no expert but i managed to get mine done in 1hr-i can probably help out if you stereo looks like this http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...ages/lexrx1.JPG

That pic is for a RX, my car is an IS i'm afraid... thanks

Hey there.

I followed Hando's thread on fitting the Grom kit yesterday and it was really easy. Took me no time at all. Thanks for posting that Hando. At one point I wasn't too sure about how to release the top tray piece, but you just grab and pull. Same for the bottom one. I only just picked up my car yesterday..... in fact the Grom kit arrived right before I went to get it. I'm very impressed with the factory stereo and the ipod works great.

Have a go. you really can't go wrong.

Blair.

I agree totally with Hando, I was a bit nervous about doing it too but it was actually quite straightforward when I got down to it.

I'd be happy to help you out with it if you felt you needed it (slightly reluctant to actually do the install though) but really don't think you'll need it at all. The dash comes apart really easily, and it's an absolute doddle to fit :)

Hey fellas,

Thanks for the various replies, with some help from a friend we sorted out the install of the Grom interface and it worked pretty much straight away... Is there a known issue for the device not to work when the headlight is in auto mode?

I thought i was sold a dud when it refused to work after starting the car up later this evening with the lights on auto. I was starting to angry only for me to turn the lights the other way and it started working again. I'll pop out in a bit just to confirm what exactly it does.

My iPod now lives in the cup holder... Perfect :shifty:

Hey fellas,

Thanks for the various replies, with some help from a friend we sorted out the install of the Grom interface and it worked pretty much straight away... Is there a known issue for the device not to work when the headlight is in auto mode?

I thought i was sold a dud when it refused to work after starting the car up later this evening with the lights on auto. I was starting to angry only for me to turn the lights the other way and it started working again. I'll pop out in a bit just to confirm what exactly it does.

My iPod now lives in the cup holder... Perfect :shifty:

Well done mate, yeah it's pretty straightforward to install, glad it all worked out :)

I think I do remember reading on here of someone saying theirs didn't work with the headlights in auto mode, so it's not just you. It's really weird how these units behave differently in different cars - I'm just really glad it all worked fine in mine!

Yeah its a bit strange. As long as i connect the iPod and turn on the stereo before the lights are switched on then it works. If the lights go on first then the stereo will not find the iPod even though it continues to charge it.

Its not a deal breaker, it saves me from having trailing cables all over the dash when i use the tape adapter.

I did mine yesterday and It was working fine, but today its like a bad dream! The problem was when I started the car today it showed me error on the display, so I try to disconnect the cables and try it again. This time it worked on the key contact but as soon as I start the car it stopped. When all the discs are out it wants me to load them and it doesn't wont to switch to ipod mode, but as soon as I load the discs it plays only the cd's not the ipod ? Then later on it worked on my way to downtown, on my way home nope doesn't see the ipod... And at the top of everything on the control table traction off is blinking??????? Does anybody know what is going with my bad day? :))) Thnx!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi this is my first post.

I got a 2001 IS200 auto executive (i think thats the 200SE) and i want to install grom too. My fujitsuTEN unit has 20pin + 12pin (says manufactured july 2000) in the sticker. It has not navigation unit.

Stereo sticker says:

TOYOTA 86120-53041

FUJITSU TEN 122000-27900101

Manufacted JULY 2000

Amplifier sticker Says:

TOYOTA 86280-53021

FUJITSU TEN 141000-79300101

Do you have any clue if there is any grom connector that will work with my lexus?

i would appreciate s any pictures of your stereo units, especialy the 20pin connector (and your radio make/model) to see if its like mine. Also the make/model of your grom adapter (and your ipod) :P

Thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links