Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Groove Disc & Sparkplus?

Maz

Hiya everyone, does anyone know how good the 12 Groove Front and Rear Disc from Fensport like? better or same as TDI one? also if i can fit the Blitz Inidium Spark plugs to my UK spec IS200? any information will help...thank

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

to be frank with you, i wouldnt bother with the cost of the plugs why change them...............?the Denso plugs fitted are very high quality anyway, you aint gonna gain anything,and i wouldnt be supprised to find out denso actually make the plugs as they do for HKS, and i didnt know fensport did a rear brake upgrade.......again why bother though, the only reason to change to ebc/green set up is for less brake dust, not improved braking

the is200 has the same brakes as the gs300...smaller car same brakes= good

the is200 brakes will outbrake a porsche boxter

porsche brakes= one of the best in the world

is200 brakes= obviously very good then

Changing brake pads for something like the Greenstuff has obvious benefits, but I've always wondered why people bother changing the disks too, as surely the IS's braking performance (60-0mph in 2 secs or something) is rather excellent anyway - and realistically at that level already, braking performance is somewhat dictated by the tyre adhesion/ABS :unsure:

Surely it's just a cosmetic thing? B)

I think people change the discs as well because Green Stuff pads eat standard discs due to the harder compound (thats why you get less dust), plus they look cooler

That why i want to change the Discs too, i have a set of 18x7 18x8 Blitz alloys, and the standard pads add so much dust to it , so i want to change it to Green Stuffs, but i had read another post regarding the Green Stuffs Pads and standard Disc problem.. anyway with 12 groove Disc front and rear will look alots cooler, that why we have mods isnt? :lol::lol:

Maz,

I have a group buy coming up on EBC groove disks and pads, if you wanna wait.

Unfortunately EBC don't do rear disks for the IS, so it'll just be pads and front disks.

Here's a piccy of my car with EBC pads and grooved disks on the front. B)

GRiM_EBC.jpg

I also have EBC pad's on the back and don't get much anywhere near as much dust as the standard pads used to. B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links