Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hid's

Yes mate, I've just had one of those kits delivered. I ordered it from a seller in Hong Kong but looking at that link, mine are in exactly the same red box.

Can't tell you if they are any good but I'm hoping to fit them some time tomorrow (Fri) so could get back to you then.

I ordered the 4300k ones by the way.

Yes mate, I've just had one of those kits delivered. I ordered it from a seller in Hong Kong but looking at that link, mine are in exactly the same red box.

Can't tell you if they are any good but I'm hoping to fit them some time tomorrow (Fri) so could get back to you then.

I ordered the 4300k ones by the way.

cheers for that buddy ive been told not to go with the 6000k ones because they might possibly fail an mot,let us know what they look like when your done

cheers for that buddy ive been told not to go with the 6000k ones because they might possibly fail an mot,let us know what they look like when your done

I honestly wouldn't worry about that, mate. There are lots of people on here with 6000k HIDs installed that have been through their MOTs and we even have MOT testers on here who'll tell you they're fine as long as they are correctly levelled and won't dazzle anyone. Takes a bit of digging but there are LOADS of threads about them on here. I only chose 4300k because I preferred that colour to the potentially chavvy blue tint :P

Anyway, here's some photos....

OLD bulbs

Unfortunately my camera phone didn't really pick up the slight yellow tint in the original bulbs :

1originalzf2.jpg

but here's how they look on the road :

original2bl7.jpg

NEW bulbs

Again, the camera doesn't really pick up the colour that well but you can see they're much brighter :

new1aa6.jpg

and the colour difference is very clear when compared to the fog lights :

new2ef8.jpg

and although there's now a car in the way, you can still see the difference on the road :

new3rp6.jpg

All-in-all, I'm well impressed with this kit and it makes my IS200 look much newer. Strange how these details can make such a difference!

The kit was really easy to install (30 mins with 2 of us) BUT I did have one problem with them which I'd read about on here before (fortunately). There's a connector that goes to the ballast which has 2 pins in it. It looks like it can only go one way but that is the WRONG way, don't ask me why!! Anyway, it's possible just to turn it around and force it back on without having to swap the pins over or anything. I'd suggest that you fit the kit as instructed first and then if they don't work, turn those connectors around (one on each ballast).

Go for it, mate. Highly recommended :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links