Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Quote Hike Up For Having Factory Fitted Spoiler

My insurance for the IS250 would be £439 a year. If I have the Lexus fitted spoiler it goes up to £713 !!!!

That's £22 a month more to have a very subtle spoiler on it. Ouch !!!

But it's not a modification...it's a factory and dealer option. Change your insurance company.

Yep if fitted when new, shouldn't make any difference, and with admiral, they said it doesn't actually make any difference if you add a spoiler. Was also only £30 extra a year when I had the bodykit fitted........

My insurance for the IS250 would be £439 a year. If I have the Lexus fitted spoiler it goes up to £713 !!!!

That's £22 a month more to have a very subtle spoiler on it. Ouch !!!

But it's not a modification...it's a factory and dealer option. Change your insurance company.

Oh joy - thanks a lot for the info !!!

I am with Lexus Insurance & they did not add anything for my aero-pack.

Tel

Churchill wanted to charge me another couple of hundred quid on my insurance because I put on my Volks alloys....their reasoning was based on the belief that this would make the car and/or the wheels more nickable. They were a little confused when I argued the point, and also stated that I'd probably be putting OEM rims back on for the winter with winter tyres, but they still insisted on the extra premium. It was only a quote anyway, so told them where to stick their Noddy Dog after my existing insurance company confirmed the change wouldn't affect my renewal premium.

• 3 weeks later...

Still a bit worried about this as one of the details on my insurance says...

Any modifications to the manufacturer's original specification eg to wheels, suspension, bodywork or engine = No.

Surely though the addition of the spoiler to the SE-L is non-standard ?

Any modifications to the manufacturer's original specification eg to wheels, suspension, bodywork or engine = No.

When i bought my 1st new lexus, it had the styling kit fitted, 18inch wheels, different front and rear lip added, didn't make any difference when it told them :D

you are worrying without cause as you have only added an option to astandard car just as a sunroof etc.if you want clarity call your insurer.congratulations on your car,get some protection on the paint asap.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links