Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone any information on the effects that use of Tar & Bug remover may or may not have on the paintwork of the IS 250/220D.

I have heard comment from time to time on this forum that he paint finish on the new IS series appears to be 'soft'.

Inevitably with the arrival of finer weather the tar pick up from roads will be higher and of course the 5 million bugs every mile all take their toll on the appearance of the car.....Interested in your thoughts!

Has anyone any information on the effects that use of Tar & Bug remover may or may not have on the paintwork of the IS 250/220D.

I have heard comment from time to time on this forum that he paint finish on the new IS series appears to be 'soft'.

Inevitably with the arrival of finer weather the tar pick up from roads will be higher and of course the 5 million bugs every mile all take their toll on the appearance of the car.....Interested in your thoughts!

I described it as 'soft' previously but I think it's rather brittle due to flash drying the water based paint. When everyone was less 'green' and using solvent based paints the paint was a lot tougher. It may be that the production line accelerating drying the water based paint drying IF lamps that does it?

When I have collected enough chips on the bonnet and front bumper I'm going to get it finshed off with Ceramiclear...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=41526

...oh, and I've used bug and tar remover on the Lexus paint with no problems at all, although I get better results with my Karcher. Was a bit hesitant at first because a bodyshop I used lifted some clear coat off my IS200, but turned out to be poorly prepped and applied by the same bodyshop... both Lexus get debugged with the Karcher in the summer without any problem, even where the paint has minor chips.

firstly,what colour do you have and which protection do you have on yourpaint.

I use a big rag, put in in the water and then place it on the front of the car, leave it there for 10 minutes and then it goes down very easy.

Metallic Gold...ordinary wax polish ...turtlewax
if the insects don't come off with your usual wash routine,get some traffic film remover, spray it on let it soak then wash and rinse.some are kinder to wax than others.

High speed Continental Driving gathers most of Europes Bugs:I always keep the front-end polished with Maguires & removal is very easy using Mags shampoo.

Tel

I've always used parafin on a rag. Cleans brake dust off alloys a treat without marking them and has always worked fine on normal paintwork. A good wash off afterwards though. The bikes paintwork always comes up a treat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links