Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

hi all,

when i bought my mk 1 gs 300 sport, the guy did tell me there was an aerial problem. he even bought one of eBay masts and gave it to me. i've followed the instruction on previous threads and on lexusls.com. but this is the problem.

when i pulled out the metal part, i was expecting the cord, but nothing came out ! i got my sister to hold the buttons etc, you can hear the motor but again nothing came out. obviously the aerial is place differently than the LS.

can someone give me a detailed account on how to repair this,

many thanks in advance

finest1 :winky:

Having never seen one from a lexus, I'll presume they are all similar..

There will be some method of securing the two halves together, either clips, or more usually screws..

there may also be a nut and lock washer in the middle, but not on all models..

remove the screws or unclip the unit and carefully separate the two halves.. watch out for any springs that could fly out..

There should be the remains of the toothed drive from the aerial, and it should just be a case of carefully pulling it out..

At this point you can feed the new aerial in, and then reassemble the unit, and refit to the car..

Hope this helps..

John

its quite simple to remove the aerial mast,

undo the nut ontop of the aerial, , turn the radio on and at the same time hold down FM button, this will show (or should) display antenna on the display, the aerial , will go all the way up, feed the antenna out , stick new aerial in , i think teeth facing front , get some one to turn off the ignition, aerial should retract, stick nut back on , and test. that should work :)

took me minutes to do mine ,

Hi, you could look on "lexls.com" under tutorials and audio,,, it has a pictured strip down of a ls400 electric aerial. Have a look at the pictures and im guessing it would be the same unit used on gs as well. It may help if you need to open the motor ***** up.

Cheers steve.

thanks for the reply,

i have tried the basic way which is getting someone to hold the buttons down on the radio, but this is what im saying, the plastic toothed cord does not come up.

yes i have checked lexls, but mine is placed differently and its a bit awkward. i don't want to pull something i shouldn't

any other ideas

many thanks

If you can wait 'til next weekend I'll take the boot liner out on mine and take a look. Unfortunately the car is in the garage until at least Monday so I can't check it at the moment.

@finest1, Is your aerial installation anything like the one here?

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/powerantenna.html

A very comprehensive tutorial.

I would think that all retractable aerials use a similar unit & the only difference would be which side of the vehicle it is mounted on.

For my right hand drive GS300, it is on the right hand side of the of the boot. (looking in)

Regards,

Max

thanks max,

yes i've seen that tutorial. mine is located on the left side near the petrol cap. just as long as i have some good instructions i can do it, i just don't want to bodge it up!!

@finest1, Is your aerial installation anything like the one here?

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/powerantenna.html

A very comprehensive tutorial.

I would think that all retractable aerials use a similar unit & the only difference would be which side of the vehicle it is mounted on.

For my right hand drive GS300, it is on the right hand side of the of the boot. (looking in)

Regards,

Max

• 3 weeks later...
If you can wait 'til next weekend I'll take the boot liner out on mine and take a look. Unfortunately the car is in the garage until at least Monday so I can't check it at the moment.

Apologies, better late than never I guess :blush:

Tutorial here clicky

no apologies needed !

thanks for taking the time to respond ! its appreciated very much, and for others as one day im sure they will come across the same thing

thanks

finest1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links