Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Blues

no, not the moody music style.. im talking colours.

I have a royal sapphire blue IS, and I wanted to upgrade to the fan style washer jets that dont come in RSB. So i ordered them in what i was told was a close match (Strathcaron Blue) however the colour thats come is very pale.

looking at pics on the lexus preowned site there are cars listed as being Strathcaron Blue, but it looks to me like they are distinct 2 different shades of blue

This one, which isnt far off my RSB:

http://lexusucl.en-gb.r66.co.uk/CarView.as...mp;id=501975658

This one which is listed as Strathcaron but looks alot lighter.

http://lexusucl.en-gb.r66.co.uk/CarView.as...mp;id=501971823

Ive also seen montrose blue, which also looks close to RSB and antimony blue, which i think is what i have been given in my ordered washer jets.

can any one confirm codes of the colours?

Funlily enough the water comes out in a fan shape! lol Rather than in 2 or 3 jets. My gfs C2 had them as standard and I was always impressed with the even coverage they gave. Lots of people say the lexus ones are a good mod.

Im almost 100% sure they would come in platinum ice, they come from Lexus/totota direct and are just under £20 a pair (with gold member discount, so about £23 without it)

If you do a search theres a few threads with the only paint codes IS's were produced in.

Stav

Cheers, i can find :

Astral Black....................................202

Granite Sky (Dark Grey).................1C6

Platinum Ice (Champagne/Silver).....1C0

Damietta Quartz.............................585

Chamonix White..............................040

Aztec Fire (burnt red)......................3N3

Scarlatti Red...................................3P0

Kensington Green...........................6Q7

Glenarvon Pine (green)...................6R4

St Lucia Pearl.................................062

Royal Sapphire..............................8M6

Strathcaron Blue............................8N8

Antimony Blue...............................8N6

and not sure of name but theres a

3 stage Pearl White?.........................051

Can any one add to these?

Unfortunately the part number for the jets i have states no colour code.

Can anyone check 85381-53070-J0?

I bought mine in Platnum Ice fro Chris.S ages ago, great mod, better than any washers I've ever had.

When I bought mine this was a list (ripped from Chris.S post) of what pre-painted was available.

040 Super White

1C0 Platinum Ice

1C6 Granite Sky

202 Black

3P0 Red

4R4 Beige

6R4 Glenarvon Pine

8N6 Greyish Blue

8P4 Dark Blue

They throw out what can only be described as a constant fan of water rather than 2 or 3 pronged individual jets.

washers.jpg

They take 5 mins to fit, (don't lose the end of the hose !!) and require no extra wiring than std jets. Plug & play :D A quick quote from Chris.S

"If you gently slide a credit card type card between the jet and the bonnet, closest to the screen. Then give a slight bit of pressure and they should flick out. "

Basically you want the later type fan washers. Any Toyota/Lexus Parts place should be able to help you.

Can anyone check 85381-53070-J0?

I have this part number (85381-53070-B0) very similar which may be the correct once for Platinum ICE.

Please don't order blindly with this part number, (please check first it is what you want) but I had it next to

Chris.S name on a piece of paper, and too close to the one you quote to be a coincidendce I think mate.

Just spoken to Lexus Bracknell and they dont beleive the fan jets come in Strathcaron Blue. (8N8) can any one confirm this, or confirm if there is 'another' dark blue thats is close to Royal Sapphire?

Cheers!

What I did was order from Lexus a pair of spray jets in white (most neutral colour), and a can of spray paint (well I did from my local Toyota dealer, apparently the Yaris also use 8N8, but known as Oasis Blue instead). Paint also useful for painting parking sensors and other small bits.

Just make sure you cover up the black rubber bits when spraying!

That thought had crossed my mind, as a can of Royal Saph blue is under a tenner. But then i was thinking of just getting some in dark grey as it wouldnt look out of place, most washer jets are black plastic anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links