Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Carpet

Has anyone ever changed the carpet in there IS, mines looking abit shabby and I thought it might look nice with a dark blue carpet on the floor, obviously the seats centre console and bits of trim would have to come out but how easy is it to do, fitting the carpet is no prob because thats what I do for a living but just wondering how hard it is removing the seats and stuff 1st. Also what do you recon about colour dark blue or stick with something similar to OEM.

fairly easy mate once all the seats come out jts just the centre console which has 2 screws in the lift up flap,2 on the sides and just pull it away from the dash and thats basiclly that

Ok easy to get everything out the way just need to pick a colour. :D

fairly easy mate once all the seats come out jts just the centre console which has 2 screws in the lift up flap,2 on the sides and just pull it away from the dash and thats basiclly that

A little :offtopic: but I had both sets of mats out of the IS200 and the IS250 last week for a vacuum and steam clean. Couldn't help but notice the far superior quaility of the pile and thick rubber backing on the IS200 set rather then the thin pile and foam backed mats in the 250 :o .

A little :offtopic: but I had both sets of mats out of the IS200 and the IS250 last week for a vacuum and steam clean. Couldn't help but notice the far superior quaility of the pile and thick rubber backing on the IS200 set rather then the thin pile and foam backed mats in the 250 :o .

i know try folding it up to get it in the car not an easy job,lol

:offtopic:

IS250 Stereo's rubbish too :whistling:

I think he meant the mats matey

This should help you get everything out.

If you are not confident in doing what follows, don't do it. I found it pretty easy though to be honest.

Back on topic, look at Billsy's Armrest post and this shows a walkthru of removing the centre console with all the relevant details. Obviously don't do everything here as you only need to get it out, not modify it.

When taking the seats out, move the front seats all the way forward, lossen the bolts at the rear (14mm if I remember correctly)

then move them back until you can easily reach the bolts at the front. Disconnect the Battery for approx 10-15 mins to allow the

airbags to discharge. Then undo the front bolts, tip the seat back to reveal underneath and disconnect the electric seat/seatbelt

sensor cable and the yellow airbag one.

Rear seat removal is covered here

In brief:-

1. Remove the bottom part of the rear seats, this simply pulls up (it is held in by some 'socket n plug' type clips). Seatbelt clips will also slide out of the seats.

2. Remove headrests

3. Remove four 12mm bolts from holding the back part of the seat. You will need a good socket set for this, a spanner or screwdriver/socket set wont work.

then lift it up vertically, this requires 2 ppl TRUST ME as it needs to be lifted at both ends at the same time !!

4. Remove the top clips holding the seatbelt in place (they unscrew or you can poke a knitting needle into the hole at the back to release the top part)

5. Carefully remove the back seat (watching the seat belt as you take it off, and the bodywork as you take it out)

That should do ya :D

Maybe it's just the carpet fitter in me talking but you should never fold a carpet even for few seconds always roll it :D

Anyway what colour :question:

Wozza did you get my PM :D

Maybe it's just the carpet fitter in me talking but you should never fold a carpet even for few seconds always roll it :D

Anyway what colour :question:

i changed mine from cream to black

i have a black carpet in good nick you can have....its only going in the scrap otherwise

Without sounding too thick :duh: is this out of your car or out of your bedroom :question: . What i mean is will it drop straight in or does it need fitting and also how much to post. Cheers Mat :D

i have a black carpet in good nick you can have....its only going in the scrap otherwise

Without sounding too thick :duh: is this out of your car or out of your bedroom :question: . What i mean is will it drop straight in or does it need fitting and also how much to post. Cheers Mat :D

its out the car...erm not sure on postage costs, id have to squeeze it into a box first?

Cool just PM me with a price when you get a chance. Thanks again Mat, by the way did you ever sort that A frame trim (off side) out off the IS you where brakeing. Nice One Matey :D

all the bits for the IS are in London.....just a matter of me getting there and meeting up with the key holder

its out the car...erm not sure on postage costs, id have to squeeze it into a box first?

Have you had a chance to check out the postage yet Mat :question: no rush matey just wondered :D

I go past Skelmersdale every fortnight.

Best thing to do that go past and keep going :D but seriously I take it you come up from around Mat's and can bring the carpet with you which would be great I will sort you out for your trouble of course just need to sort it out with Mat. Nice one :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links