Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Open Sprint Day 02/11/08

Dave-Ellen

nope...i cant make it, i will be flying out to warmer climes around that date

i have edited the topic title, to Open Sprint Day

hope you have a good day.....even if i would have been available i would have done the Drift Event @ Norfolk Arena on the 7th

No MOT required :whistling:

unfortunately i cannot get the noise down to 105db....it runs, around 110db even with Bung and Cat back on

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can only count 4 Lexus, in the list.....

the key really is in the name....Lexus OWNERS Club :rolleyes:

splitting hairs now though arnt we really...... :winky:

it is a shame that only 4 Lexus cars will be attending, but 4 is better than 0

a lexus owners club member is a member even if they dont own a Lexus, as far as i am aware we dont ban members when they sell up :whistling:

we have some very worthwhile ex owners still as members

Just a Q.

How is this a LOC SPRINT DAY

when only about 4 members from LOC are attending (with there Lexus cars)

You said Members from LOC originally not Lexus cars from LOC.

Whose splitting hairs?

a lexus owners club member is a member even if they dont own a Lexus, as far as i am aware we dont ban members when they sell up :whistling:

I would attend but my new stuff wont be done in time (clutch, timing belt, few other little projects) :(

thanks for letting me know that......and thanks for splitting the hair further, it was a tongue in cheek comment,(notice the winking Smillie...etc) however as we are now delving further.

if an event is advertised as a lexus owners club sprint day, some...possibly most would pressume it will be lexus cars wallowing around the track, not a couple of lexus, a big scoop of Toyotas a bmw, and audi or any other brand, the event then in effect becomes an open event

the issue is not who is past or present members....

it is a shame that only 4 cars turn up.....but we have been on this trip before where something is organised for the benifit of the CLUB, but we always have to open it up to other clubs, becuase the take up is slow, minimal or non existant

thanks

You said Members from LOC originally not Lexus cars from LOC.

Whose splitting hairs?

yes..i am..(hence the WE....i.e me and you...).i also did a few well placed :winky: :winky: , indicating im not really being pedantic, just making a subtle point.

i thought, that it was obvious from the subtle point i was making that, i was implying the numbers of cars...with members driving them, (at best being Lexus Models) however to save on what is emerging as utter confusion about what i was implying, Ive edited my post to show...(with there Lexus cars) :winky:

lets get back on topic....as, i really do, hope its a good event, good events encourage others to attend.

(Ailes de pigeon, bow down....Allongé...and exit stage left)

Map click Satellite to give a real world birds eye view

Here are some directions from the A1 at Grantham.

You are entering Grantham.

Follow the B1174 for 0.4 miles.

Leave B1174 and turn right into Bridge End Road (A52). Stay on for 0.93 miles.

You just left Grantham.

Leave Bridge End Road (A52) and head straightforward onto Somerby Hill (A52). Stay on for 1.55 miles.

Leave Somerby Hill (A52) and turn left into High Dyke (B6403). Stay on for 3.85 miles.. Leave High Dyke (B6403) and turn left into Heath Lane.

Stay on for 0.41 miles.

You have arrived at your destination Heath Lane.

DO NOT try and enter by any other route. You will only end up upsetting the MOD Guards (not wise) and the local population. Possibly putting the future of motorsport on the venue in jeopardy.

NOTE. There is NO POSTCODE as the entry is a Guard Post over 1.5 miles from the nearest RAF Admin Building. Forget Sat Nav you will have to read a map.

You just left Grantham.

Leave Bridge End Road (A52) and head straightforward onto Somerby Hill (A52). Stay on for 1.55 miles.

Leave Somerby Hill (A52) and turn left into High Dyke (B6403). Stay on for 3.85 miles.. Leave High Dyke (B6403) and turn left into Heath Lane.

Stay on for 0.41 miles.

DO NOT try and enter by any other route. You will only end up upsetting the MOD Guards (not wise) and the local population. Possibly putting the future of motorsport on the venue in jeopardy.

NOTE. There is NO POSTCODE as the entry is a Guard Post over 1.5 miles from the nearest RAF Admin Building. Forget Sat Nav you will have to read a map.

i think reading a map is great...but dangous when driving at silly speed on unresisable twisty b roads!!!!

You just left Grantham.

Stay on for 0.41 miles.

i think reading a map is great...but dangous when driving at silly speed on unresisable twisty b roads!!!!

well, then its simple ......

dont drive at silly speeds, save it for when you get to the track

if an event is advertised as a lexus owners club sprint day, some...possibly most would pressume it will be lexus cars wallowing around the track, not a couple of lexus, a big scoop of Toyotas a bmw, and audi or any other brand, the event then in effect becomes an open event

Completely agree with you Mat, i was one of the original people to sign up actually bringing a lexus and im a little disapointed in the amount of lexus turning out! Im yet to attend a track day in my lexus but signed up as i thought i would be with quite a few in the same position, now im one of the few actually taking a Lexus :(

Don't get me wrong im sure it will be a great day but im going to be less willing to sign up in future :(

Jason :)

Add me please!

JonC - BMW e46 330i

I'm also druming up some interest with a few friends

payment details sorted just waiting for payday till I send payment!

Add me please!

JonC - BMW e46 330i

I'm also druming up some interest with a few friends

payment details sorted just waiting for payday till I send payment!

Hi

cool....need paymant asap to reserve places though................

Just finalising this...............

Javelin are setting up a drift area as well for those of you so inclined..................

Can someone try & get hold of Raj Sarin ? need him to confirm ASAP

I have rang him and left messsssage for him :D

Javelin are setting up a drift area as well for those of you so inclined..................

cheers for reminding me gents.yes ill be defo coming to this.should i put cheque in post Dave?or do you prefer bank transfer.i dont do paypal im afraid,or alternatively can do cash via the post office (insured.)ill check back in the morning to see which method you prefer sir.

cheers for reminding me gents.yes ill be defo coming to this.should i put cheque in post Dave?or do you prefer bank transfer.i dont do paypal im afraid,or alternatively can do cash via the post office (insured.)ill check back in the morning to see which method you prefer sir.

bonk transfer is cool if you email me at prolex uk at gmail dot com i'll give u details

mr prolex could you confirm that im on the list or not because i have paid!!!

you are indeed

Looking forward to it Raj, been long time mate, lots to catch up on :D

Looking forward to it Raj, been long time mate, lots to catch up on :D

yeah i know,was just chatting with Chris on PM(aztec)and he's got me all excited about this.

dave im gonna text you know boss!!!

prolex-uk is350 compressor PAID

bazza Tartlet Turbo

janey TRD Vitz

Tony (mini jazza) Primera engined Micra

jasonl IS200 PAID

gord Audi S4

yaumeister IS200 s/c PAID

aaronabbot IS200 in Mexico

Paul oil burning ford thingy PAID

Kamelia Ellen TRD Vitz PAID

Paul Thomas Toyota Aygo PAID

Rsarin M3 supercharged PAID

Phil Cutler Mark 1 MR2 PAID

Chris Dargavel MR2 PAID

gidz_master_flash ST185 PAID

Richard Morrow ST185 PAID

John Middleton SW20 MR2 PAID

Steve from Charlesworth Porsche Boxter 3.6 On holiday

Nissansilvia PAID

Paul Thomas,s mate PAID

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links