Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Tv

Gord

Ive got a 50" LG Plasma (wedding prezy from the boys) and its been running a year now without a hitch.

Cant complain at all, hasnt missed a beat. I know LG is not as good as some makes but I have been impressed by the quality so far.

AFAIK "LG" use the same screen as PHILIPS ;)

I have an older panasonic 42" plasma.. not the "full" HD but still does 1080i and 720p

As I don't subscribe to SkyHD or Telewest HD, it makes no difference... although I have run some HD stuff from the laptop, and the quality is amazing..

John

find the gadget show on you tube, they did a plasma vs lcd... plus suzzy is FIT!

Toshiba XF Series

i intend to get one of these. comes in either 40" or 46". smallest bezel in the world(2cm ish). to me thats the biggest selling point. i hate thick chunks around the screen!

toshiba_xf355d.jpg

OLEDs will be out next year. Contrast and colours are fantastic. Contrast can be as high as 1,000,000:1

Sony should have had theirs out by now but a few manufacturing glitches to get rid of first. Their first OLED 42" only takes 45w.

Not sure long term though as OLED dims over time, but they claim to have gotten over that. Can't see how though.

Haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but everything I've seen of it so far is very impressive..........

It's going to be a while though before it's affordable, the Sony 11" once that's on sale is $2500 in the US, so once it becomes available over here it'll be the same in pounds no doubt! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links