Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Visit To The Doctor's

Hando

So I've been sitting on a set of TTE/Eibach springs for a few months now - decided to wait to get them fitted at the new WIM centre.

Yesterday was the day. Got springs fitted and geo done and then dropped off my rims for a refurb.

Everything people have said about the new wim centre is true. It's great.

First off the location: anyone who visited Tony at STS will remember that it wasn't exactly situated in the most picturesque location. The new wim centre is in a smart new business park set amidst some lovely countryisde and villages in Chesham. It's a nice drive there too through some wooded twisty A roads.

Secondly the kit: wow - no expense spared: the calibration machine is very Star Trek and the tyre removal machine ("The Boss" ;) ) is totally cool: it removes the tyres without touching the rim itself. Anyone who's ever watched in horror as someone goes at their precious rims with a tyre iron will appreciate this.

Thirdly: the people: there's a real feeling of people doing something they love and enjoying it and taking pride in it and this feeling really makes you feel secure when they're working on your pride and joy. Even the good Doctor looked close-ish to happy (sorry Tony ;) )

The end results:-

It's kind of hard to judge exactly what has caused what (because the car has been lowered, and had geo calibrated, and is on different rims) so I'll have a more detailed impression once the springs have settled and my 18"s are back on - but I can say it feels like a completely new car: the effect on the steering is immense: my steering had felt very "loose" and "light" but now it feels totally precise.

A very happy wim cutsomer and I'll be going back for all my wheel/suspension needs again (plus they're definitely branching out: they've recently added rim repair/refurb and aircon re-gassing to their list of services and I wouldn't be surprised if new features are added.)

Here' some blurry photos of the drop - bear in mind that the springs haven't settled yet and I've got Tango's oem 250 rims on as a "loaner" till mine are refurbed.

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

Looking good matey got to get mine done asap so will be getting it booked in when i get chance? will look a lot better when you get your 18's back on as those 250 rims dont look right on your lex and i love your 18's :D

Cheers aztec,

I should be picking up my chicanes from wim next week - I'll post updated pics (as the springs should've settled a bit by then too).

:)

Looking good matey got to get mine done asap so will be getting it booked in when i get chance? will look a lot better when you get your 18's back on as those 250 rims dont look right on your lex and i love your 18's :D

Cheers aztec,

I should be picking up my chicanes from wim next week - I'll post updated pics (as the springs should've settled a bit by then too).

:)

i could always pop down and pick your chicanes up for you mate :whistling::lol: Are you just having them cleaned up and re-sprayed? :D

Have you noticed an increase in road noise while riding on those Bridgestone Potenzas btw, especially now your suspensions a little stiffer?

i could always pop down and pick your chicanes up for you mate :whistling::lol: Are you just having them cleaned up and re-sprayed? :D

lol - thanks for the offer but I think I'll go pick 'em up ;)

They're having a refurb and also being hot rolled to repair some nasty pothole damage from when I used to have very low profile rubber on them.

Have you noticed an increase in road noise while riding on those Bridgestone Potenzas btw, especially now your suspensions a little stiffer?

hmmm, not massively - no. Certainly not enough to notice it without you suggesting it. I was on Pirelli PZero Nero's before FWIW.

Looking good, I remember Ahmet's car looked awesome once the springs bedded in (also with the chicanes) - will look good once the wheels are back on. Gotta say the old IS looks really weird with the new ISs wheels - they really don't go together at all!

Btw, didn't you have a rear lip of some sort previously? Or did I just imagine it?

Looking good, I remember Ahmet's car looked awesome once the springs bedded in (also with the chicanes) - will look good once the wheels are back on. Gotta say the old IS looks really weird with the new ISs wheels - they really don't go together at all!

Btw, didn't you have a rear lip of some sort previously? Or did I just imagine it?

heh - yeah I agree on the new IS wheels: doesn't work at all (sorry Tango :) ) - but it's quite nice having thicker rubber at the back tho.

Still have a rear lip - it's the TTE one, only it looks extremely OEM in profile shots.

Parth: I'm pretty sure that WIM send wheels off to BJV to get them repaired/refurbed and one of mine had very similar damage to yours so I'll report back with the quality - although hopefully if your letter from the council tomorrow is good then you won't need 'em. *fingers crossed*

aaaaaaaaa, that's better. :)

Picked up the rims this afternoon from wim. All is good. :)

Tango, your rims are safely back at wim - thanks for the loan.

No probs, glad I could help. Looks immaculate now, very nice indeed B)

aaaaaaaaa, that's better. :)

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

Picked up the rims this afternoon from wim. All is good. :)

Tango, your rims are safely back at wim - thanks for the loan.

car looks lovely hando... :D love the TTE alloys they are the ones im looking out for....what is the quality of the refurb like hando? BJV they are just round the corner from me...my alloys need refurbishing but dont have spare set to put on and cant leave my car for couple of days. :crybaby:

car looks lovely hando... :D love the TTE alloys they are the ones im looking out for....what is the quality of the refurb like hando? BJV they are just round the corner from me...my alloys need refurbishing but dont have spare set to put on and cant leave my car for couple of days. :crybaby:

Daz,

The quality of the refurb is top drawer: really good. Parthiban is having his done there - check with him when he gets his back too.

Daz,

The quality of the refurb is top drawer: really good. Parthiban is having his done there - check with him when he gets his back too.

Don't tell me :whistling: or has he got a spare set?

Daz,

So is Scorps1 and Eddie1..... We act toward tyre removal/install and we get a trade discount for handling/transporting the rims.

The car can also stay over in the wim centre if needs be.

Daz,

Ha, nope I believe Parth is currently on his orig 5 spokes. Your rims are safely tucked away next to "The Boss" machine.

So is Scorps1 and Eddie1.....

Tony - whose rims were there today that i was looking at just back from BJV?

Daz,

Ha, nope I believe Parth is currently on his orig 5 spokes. Your rims are safely tucked away next to "The Boss" machine.

So is Scorps1 and Eddie1.....

Tony - whose rims were there today that i was looking at just back from BJV?

Yes...

Lovely looking car all around. Could you give me abit more information on your refurbed wheels, are they aftermarket wheels or not? (Sorry i'm new to the lexus fold) They looks superb.

Lovely looking car all around. Could you give me abit more information on your refurbed wheels, are they aftermarket wheels or not? (Sorry i'm new to the lexus fold) They looks superb.

Your original wheels are sent off to be refurbished, whats get done to them depends on what sort of state they are in but usually acid dipped, stripped to bare metal then repainted/laquered in whatever colour you choose.The finish is generally better than Lexus refurbed ones.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links