Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Brakes - Pads

• 2 weeks later...

maybe he's planning to change the rear discs as well.... they can be a bitch to get off,

the trick is to rotate the disc so that one of the holes on the face of the disc (may have rubber cap) is at the bottom, then look in this hole and your can see the handbrake adjuster sprocket, using a flat head screw driver wind it till you feel the disc get loose, able to rotate( i did this with the car in neutral and with the hand brake on) once it starts to get loose ( you know your rotating it the correct way) release the handbrake and it should come off with a bit of wiggling...

be sure you have blocks behind the other wheels to prevent mishap...

Is there a guide for doing the rears?

I'm really having to restrain myself from pointing out the sexual innuendo in that question but seriously, I could do with seeing a guide for changing rear pads as well. Anyone?

Is there a guide for doing the rears (worried about handbrake shoes)?

I can only see a guide to doing the fronts ?

If you're changing the rear discs/pads, I'd advise you to get the handbrake shoes done as well or at least checked. I've had my rear brakes done recently (discs, pads and handbrake shoes). At 104k, my handbrake shoes were worn down to the metal. From memory, handbrake shoes cost me £58 for 4 shoes (2 shoes for each side), these were OEM Lexus items from Lexus Leeds. You could probably buy the shoes cheaper, (eg: Blueprint items), but I'd rather fit genuine items to my car.

• 1 month later...
Is there a guide for doing the rears (worried about handbrake shoes)?

I can only see a guide to doing the fronts ?

If you're changing the rear discs/pads, I'd advise you to get the handbrake shoes done as well or at least checked. I've had my rear brakes done recently (discs, pads and handbrake shoes). At 104k, my handbrake shoes were worn down to the metal. From memory, handbrake shoes cost me £58 for 4 shoes (2 shoes for each side), these were OEM Lexus items from Lexus Leeds. You could probably buy the shoes cheaper, (eg: Blueprint items), but I'd rather fit genuine items to my car.

anybody got a guide on removing the rear discs shoes etc thanks. :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links