Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unusual Is200 Ventillation Problem

Hi all..hope you can help. I rather stupidly managed to drop a vanilla pod into the right air vent on the centre console, which has ended up in the tubing inside. The car had a smell of vanilla whenever i turned the fans on but now its starting to get a little foul. Does anybody know how to get into the venting to get this pod out...is it easy to open the centre console up to get into this area? Any other ideas how I remove this thing!

Hello there, the centre console with vents is easy removed - only two screws!, click the link below which will instruct you how to remove that centre panel :)

Click

Hello there, the centre console with vents is easy removed - only two screws!, click the link below which will instruct you how to remove that centre panel :)

Click

Thanks a lot...seems quite ok...off hand do you know if thre is enough space to put something down the air shaft to weed this pod out. I guess it has gone deep inside...

Why not use a vacuum cleaner? You could use a plastic bag and some tape to make a seal over the vent pipe, and then tape the bag around the vacuum tube. Might work???

Interesting....for sure...any of you guys know where that air shaft actually goes....does it end up with a link to the air blowers by the legs at the bottom...maybe I can get it out from there...

• 2 weeks later...
Hello there, the centre console with vents is easy removed - only two screws!

Click

Not sure what spec that guide was based on but when I came to do the GROM install, there was no need to take ANY screws out at that point. Just grab hold of that section of the centre console (I tipped the vents back, shoved my thumbs in and gripped the section above them with my fingers) and pull towards you, it just comes away. The 2 screws beneath the felt pad don't seem to serve any purpose other than to hold the pad in place!

See:

screwsjz5.jpg

I have a standard spec IS200 Sport (1999 - V)

........I rather stupidly managed to drop a vanilla pod into the right air vent on the centre console

Sorry but am I the only person to have thought :huh: why would you have a vanilla pod anywhere in the car in the first place,

let alone allow it to go down inside the vent ? :o It didn't get down there on its own surely, or fall down there as it would have to

fall virtually horizontally to get in there :tsktsk:

Stavs right - you can just about make out mesh covering the vents so you should be able to reach in. Hopefully its not started to decompose and broken down a bit so bits have got through.

I've noticed that on some they are screwed in, others just pull off.

vents.JPG

........I rather stupidly managed to drop a vanilla pod into the right air vent on the centre console

Sorry but am I the only person to have thought :huh: why would you have a vanilla pod anywhere in the car in the first place,

let alone allow it to go down inside the vent ? :o It didn't get down there on its own surely, or fall down there as it would have to

fall virtually horizontally to get in there :tsktsk:

lol Just what I was thinking! :unsure:

Hi all..hope you can help. I rather stupidly managed to drop a vanilla pod into the right air vent on the centre console, which has ended up in the tubing inside. The car had a smell of vanilla whenever i turned the fans on but now its starting to get a little foul. Does anybody know how to get into the venting to get this pod out...is it easy to open the centre console up to get into this area? Any other ideas how I remove this thing!

Now you have the reply/pics to sort your problem :D What was you really doing with the vanilla pod :question:

Guys, thanks for all your help on this....plan to open this up now that I have time!

Well, I had the pod in my car as I was giving it to someone as a gift (fan of ice creams). Anyway, that person told me to just place the pod itself with my hand in front of the vent and turn the fan on....so as to get a nice wiff. I did so but out of some tragedy I tried to balance the stick on the vent. A daft act indeed and it went in!!!

So that's story folks...I will let you know how it looks when I get it out (if I do!)

Thanks again folks...

Hi all....got the vanilla pod out!!! took a few minutes - thanks for all your help. I still have the smell in the car though and it is the bacteria in the washer water it seems....will try to flush it out and use the baby Milton stuff failing that. Thanks a lot! Pictures attached of the item!

post-9420-1213381552.jpg

post-9420-1213381693.jpg

post-9420-1213381710.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links