Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paypal - Couple Of Questions

Just a quickie with regards to paypal.....

when paying for something or sending money overseas, how do you find out what the cost in GBP will be??

say, for example i was buying something that was $400, what i want to know is how much it will cost me in sterling and how can i find this out.

i know sometimes eBay does the conversion for you and displays the cost in GBP below the US price, but if i'm sending a payment to someone and that function isn't there, then how do i find out??

also, i've seen an eBay item on italian eBay that Trudi (2D) posted, but it is priced in euros, has no conversion rate and is in a foreign language, so how do i go about finding the price for them??

Cheers in advance

Rob

paypal have there own converter so that helps

$400 = 196.84 GBP

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...urrency-generic

just found it. but i think how you've worked it out is wrong, as that figure works off the buy back rate for US currency.

if you type in send £196.84, that actually equates to only $379.81.

If you were in the states and sending money over here, then $400 would provide the person in the UK with £196.84.

thats how i see it anyway.

thanks for the link though matey.

if i go to send money through paypal, and type in say send $400, will it tell me how much i'm sending in GBP? i just wanna make sure before sending funds

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't I've noticed too. You will get an idea of the exchange rate though from the one Tigerfish pointed out or www.xe.com

With Ebay/Paypals amount it is only an estimate based on current exchange rates when it does anyway. The seller doesn't have to immediately accept the amount and could hold off if the currency is changing in their favour as the transaction is valid for 30 days. (just like you can do the same the other way around)

On top of this, it also depends on your payment type to paypal - if you are using your credit card, the conversion may be down to your credit card company exchange rate and Paypal don't have to disclose it until the payment is completed. Paypal often use local (to the country) credit card processing offices and pass on the conversion charge to you.

I think there is a FEES link within paypal when you buy something and you can see the converter there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links