Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hand Car Wash In Stevenage Or Elsewhere In Herts?

Hi all

I've recently purchased a IS250 and am loving it (will post pics eventually)

However the car could do with a wash, but I havent HAND washed a car since...errr...too long ago i cant remember.

Ive been reading that most ppl here hand wash their own cars rather than use an auto wash.

As I dont wanna mess up the paintwork Ill stop using auto washers, but Im thinking there has to be a place in herts close to stevenage if possible that does a decent hand wash.

I could hand wash the car myself (& perhaps I will at some point), but

1) I am incredibly lazy (would rather spend my time studying or doing something *productive*.

2) I aint hand washed a car in so long I might damage my own paintwork!

Can anyone recommend any decent hand wash places around my area?

( I have a neighbor who hand washes his car for more than 2 hours every other day - I just think of how much time is being wasted!!! )

Hi all

However the car could do with a wash, but I havent HAND washed a car since...errr...too long ago i cant remember.

Ive been reading that most ppl here hand wash their own cars rather than use an auto wash.

As I dont wanna mess up the paintwork Ill stop using auto washers, but Im thinking there has to be a place in herts close to stevenage if possible that does a decent hand wash.

1) I am incredibly lazy (would rather spend my time studying or doing something *productive*.

( I have a neighbor who hand washes his car for more than 2 hours every other day - I just think of how much time is being wasted!!! )

try seeing it as an investment in the car as well as in yourself (keywords here are; contemplation, zen, control, mindfulness & purity)

Hi all

does your local dealer do the free car wash service on saturday morning.

does your local dealer do the free car wash service on saturday morning.

Last week I allowed the local dealership to give my car a full valet after the fuel line TSIB recall. Previously I have requested they leave the bodywork, just valet the interior. Noticed in the sunlight today that I was an idiot to do so, as there's a few fine scratches which were not there before...oh well, out with the PC polisher again. It's really not worth trusting the dealership, even if it is a handwash :angry: .

It's not that bad TBH, and should polish out easily, but if this was a regular occurrence the paint would soon be in a right mess.

Hi all

Hi. I cant speak for your area. What I did was draw up a annual contract with my local hand car wash around the corner. We agreed on a figure of £360 for the year which gets me two washes a week. The have provided wash mits and drying cloths just to be used for my car alone. It must be said however that I do slip them a bottle of something now and again, this keeps them happy to see me. So far so good. I do the interior and detailing myself. Works great for me as my car is never dirty which makes for a pretty black IS. :winky:

That is a very good deal for the year.

I think I will go with the self washes with the weather being good.

Would rather wash it myself then it get scratched after peoples comments.

Thanks for the replies all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links