Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member In A Lexus Is 250

lexulator

Hi everyone,

just got my first Lexus, a nearly new 2008 IS 250 SE auto with Multimedia, in Cadoxton Slate with Oakham Beighe interior. Very pleased so far, and quite a change from the Mazda RX-8 I had before!

I have a question already. The dealer has offered me a pre-paid service package for the first 3 years at a total of £574 inc VAT. Is that good value for the first 3 services?

Cheers!

Hi and welcome to the club.

I would shop around for service prices if i were you, there are bound to be members in your part of the country who know of cheaper alternatives.

Welcome to LOC! :)

One thing to check is are they offering "three years servicing" or "three services"?

Three years servicing is only 2 services, so might not be exactly what you're thinking it is..........

Welcome to LOC! :)

One thing to check is are they offering "three years servicing" or "three services"?

Three years servicing is only 2 services, so might not be exactly what you're thinking it is..........

I'm pretty sure they said it was for 3 services, I'll check the letter when I get home. Would that be a good price for 3 services?

Thanks all!

By the way I should have mentioned that the pre-pay service deal I have been offered can either be paid for up-front or over 27 months on 0% interest. It's also fully transferable to a new owner if I sell the car, and most importantly it's fully refundable if for example I move away from the area. So the only question really is - how much do the 1st, 2nd and 3rd services normally cost typically in Southern England?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Does it include consumables like oil, etc? If so, and it's for three actual services, then it's pretty good. My most expensive service so far on my IS200 (40k one) was £265+VAT just for the service, my last one though was only £155+VAT..........obviously other bits always end up taking the service over £400 though :crybaby:

I'm not really sure whether the IS250 is more or less expensive to service than the 200 though........

Sounds like a good deal to me, especially with the finance options, but check the small print carefully

to ensure you know exactly how many services or how many miles etc.

I wouldn't go for it if the price was only for 2 services, but if it definately included 3 services I would

suggest it was a good deal.

OK, I just checked the offer letter at home, and it's for the following:

Number of services covered: 3

Starting at: 10,000 ml / 1 yr

for an IS250 Automatic.

I was told by the dealer that the deal covers labour and normal service parts (which presumably must include oil), but not other wear and tear items like brake pads etc (which seems reasonable). Given that my average mileage is less than 10000 per year I'll be getting it serviced every 12 months. I was told that the first and third service are 'intermediate' (presumably mainly an oil and filter change) and the second one is a full service.

I got the cost slightly wrong - it's actually £594 including VAT.

This still sounds like a good deal to me, however I'll speak to the salesman when he's back next week and double-check the fine print about fluids etc.

Thanks for the replies

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links