Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Car On My Tomtom

wiggy1

I was bored in work today so i decided to change that crappy blue position arrow on my tomtom one to something different. So now i have my car on screen. I know its been done before but i think its cool. :blush: heres some pics.

PS. it looks better in person than from photos

untitled.jpg

untitled1.jpg

daft and shocking question i know,

but since owning my tom tom, i haven't updated any maps (apart from loading allof europe and the US when i got it a year or so back). how do you go about doing thuis? just a case of going online and doing it from there??? what sort of info will i need in order to get the updates??

cheers

rob

I think you need to pay for it on the tom tom website,

If you atach your tomtom to the computer you can install tomtom home then look for updates from there.

Theres sites on the net you can get updates from for free but i havent looked for any yet.

Stav

For those interested, as far as I know the change car symbol only works if you use the 3D maps rather than standard view.

@ Robs lex: I just connect to tomtom home and its does the auto upgrades. However it doesnt update any maps, only certain functions. I think you have to pay for the "new" updated maps. HTH

@ Stav: the x wing sounds good.

Oh, also another start-up for everyone as TomTom site didn't really have any :D

splash.bmp

How to use,

For pointers -

1) update TomTom to latest version (don't know if vital), then navigate using "my computer" to your connected satnav

2) copy the small bmp images to the TomTom/art/cars folder

3) disconnect TomTom and go to options, pointer (on third page of my version)

For Start up screen

1) Connect TomTom to computer.

2) First job is to copy original "splash" bmp from the first folder in your TomTom and save somewhere safe as back up.

3) copy the new splash.bmp to the same place and replace file when asked.

4) disconnect and the turn on your satnav - Ta Da new screen. If you want to change back then do same process with old splash image.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links