Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Detailing The Lex

Anuj

hello, iam sure there are probably thousands of different opinions on what products to use but i was wondering what i should do to my LS430. it is 4years old and has covered 62k and i would like to detail it, today i super guarded it with just the shampoo and i was wondering what i should do next and what products to use. i am thinking of clay baring it with meguiers? then adding a the superguard paint sealer, should i then add the colonite wax, let me know please,

anuj

Personally I would:-

Meguires clay Bar Kit (remember use plenty of detailer as lubricant)

Rinse & Dry

Autoglym Super Resin Polish (SRP) will remove minor scratches & swirls

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (EGP) will seal the paintwork & give a nice wet look

Collinite 476S Wax (with a second coat a day later if you can keep the car spotless or wash & dry first)

Good luck with it :D

hello, iam sure there are probably thousands of different opinions on what products to use but i was wondering what i should do to my LS430. it is 4years old and has covered 62k and i would like to detail it, today i super guarded it with just the shampoo and i was wondering what i should do next and what products to use. i am thinking of clay baring it with meguiers? then adding a the superguard paint sealer, should i then add the colonite wax, let me know please,

anuj

Do not forget to wash and rinse after claying then I would polish it with Autoglem super resin then seal and as Wooza said wax a day later apply at least two coats. Merv

Hello,

Exactly as Wooza said, SRP then EGP. Collinite476s is one of the best and most long lasting wax out there!

The only suggestion I would add with the claying is to hunt down a box of BILT-HAMBER auto clay. The clay does not require a lube as it uses water. Use the stuff with a trickle from the hose keeping the panel wet and the grime it removes is very impressive. Used it a few days ago on the silver Lex and the car looks as bright as my other silver car on a 08-plate! No need to wash the car again, Just hose it down and dry.

Have a look on this site for the clay.... http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/index.php

Good luck! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links