Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shiny Paint?

i've noticed recently that the paint on my front bumper is not as shiny as the rest of the car. how has this happened? i always wash and wax regularly

is it a problem with the paint or can it be restored with some kind of polish?

btw its not the metallic shinyness that i'm talking about, its the actual finish, its a bit matt rather than gloss (bad example i know)

I've got this exact same thing ASWELL

It's occurred on the front left of the bumper (as if you were sitting in the car - front right if you're looking at it).

It's gone "more matt than gloss" which I think is a good description for it!!

Had a good old scrub with the super resin polish et al, but still came up the same.

Sorry this isn't an answer - but would like to see the result of this question too !!

Tony

Is it really noticeable? Are any of you comint to Chester or Cotswold so I could see? My car is 3 years old and I don't think I have this problem..... :huh:

I would just be interested to see what it looks like - can anyone take a piccie? :unsure:

I would just be interested to see what it looks like - can anyone take a piccie? :unsure:

I looked at the pics I have of the front of my car to see how it comes out on a picture, unfortunately it didn't show too well on a pic, but in real life it's very obvious.

Seems like everyone just thought not to worry, but as soon as this thread came out it seems many have it !!!

most car plastics,i.e bumpers,spoilers,etc are sprayed seperatly and usually somewhere else .Being a paint sprayer for 17 years i have noticed this on brand new cars of all makes .relaquering is the best sollution, i have !!! ;)

but the rear bumper is absolutely fine, it is just as shiny as the bodywork (like a mirror :D )

and my old car, a renault, had perfect bumpers for its whole 4 year life

same with the other cars in the household, merc, audi, no probs with them

the lex isnt even 1 year old, surely this can't be normal :blink:

Hello.

Yes "tick in the box" for me too, front o/s corner has a nice matt finish, must be a "friday night" paint job. :ph34r: As a point of intrest my VW Bora 150 sport has a much better paint job than the Lexus. :o

I have about five small matt finish areas on my 4 week old IS200 sport. It is going in for rectification on Monday and I have told them I want a new bumper ( not a patch job ) .....

I have took some picture before it goes in .... if they show the probs. I'll post them up here later.

well done for getting it to show up on camera

yeah thats wot's happened to my bumper but its happened to the whole front bumper to the right of the license plate

have they agreed to fix it? i think i may try that too, but your car's only 4 weeks old, will they still do anything for my 7 month old car?

I have told them I expect a new bumper to be supplied ..... or a complete respray. I will not accept a Paint Chips ( no offence ) type job on a new car.

They must fix yours as well. As ( mine anyway ) is under the lacquer there can be no argument that it's anything you have done.

I am getting a new dash and two new wheels also fitted next week, oh and the touch up paint supplied ... which was missing on handover.

steve ( Administrator ) - will post a dealer review when I get the car back :)

a new dash?

what happened to yours? or is wrong with yours? how much are they replacing?

now that i've found so many others with this problem, maybe i could check on another, has anyone noticed how quickly the plastics on the interior trim deteriorate? The plastic seems to scuff really easily, is there any way to make it nice again?

There was a series of small scratches on the dash below passenger air bag - i reported it on handover. Having looked at it - it requires a complete dash top ( there are no joins ).

With regards to dash finish as it is matt it tends to show marks fairly easy ..... has anybody found something useful to clean it with? Don't want to go and put silicone based product on it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links