Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anyone know how much the dealers would charge for one front 17" alloy? my car is going to go into the dealers soon for some work and i have one alloy that is really badly scuffed. I am thinking of getting it replaced but wondering how much the dealers may charge for it.

Does anyone know how much the dealers would charge for one front 17" alloy? my car is going to go into the dealers soon for some work and i have one alloy that is really badly scuffed. I am thinking of getting it replaced but wondering how much the dealers may charge for it.

I am sure it won't be cheap. Have you looked on eBay? I have always seen some on there for what ever reason. Also you should check on the cost of repair, some of these companies do really good work.

I replaced one after hitting curb and taking a chunk out of a wheel.The cost from Dealer a just under £300(in VAT) other options are Flea bay or wait for some corrosion to appear and get it changed under warranty.

Under £300? :huh: just for one alloy? there is none on eBay at the moment but couple of times i've seen sets of 4 on eBay selling for £400.

Does anybody know any good alloy refurbishing guys in the London area? one of my alloy wheel is also scuffed from kerb damage. I am not very convinced with alloy refurb though, thats why i need to find some good and relaible company (dont mind paying a bit extra)

I've seen paint start peeling off or bubbling after a while on lots of peoples refurbished alloys. Also i assume when they respray the wheel they can never match the colour of the rest of the alloys or can they?

Unless the wheel is buckledor cracked then it should be repairable.

Dealers charge around £50-60 so a lot cheaper than replacing, I also know there is a company on eBay where they send you a full set of repaired alloys and you return your damaged ones, may be worth a look.

Once had a demo where a peogeot 306 wheel was thrown around the carpark to damage it they then did a repair one side and left the other, the results where excellent.

I've come across paintituk.com that isnt too far away from home (about 45minutes drive). just wondering if anyone has ever used them? what process should they be using to do a professional refurbish? i dont want the paint to start peeling off after a few months

I had one repalced the other week due to some muppet who borrowed the car kerbing it in a big way - just over £500 including fitting and 4 wheel geometry check, if I remember right, the wheel itself was a tad over £300 so not cheap......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links