Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,I have a lexus GS430.I have a problem with the brake servo.I have been getting a high pitched screeching sound.I took it to Lexus who said I need a brake servo unit fitting.They quoted me £2500.I have a mechanic who can fit the part but I am having trouble getting one.Can anyone help me with finding a part? I need it urgently.Thank you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but these items are like rocking horse teeth... A couple of people on here have had trouble with theirs and have ended up paying the sort of price you've been quoted.

Even the scrap merchants are aware of how much they cost and price their parts accordingly. :(

welcome to the world of design faults a la lexus.

There is help at hand!

Talk to BBA Reman (see linky). They quoted me around 800 quid inc vat for a remanufactured part with 2 years warranty

BBA Reman

I guarantee you won't find any cheaper in the UK, as I did plenty of research into this!

I never found anyone else, but while looking I found out how to turn off the high pitched alarm. You can drive the car but you don't have any ABS or traction control.

welcome to the world of design faults a la lexus.

There is help at hand!

Talk to BBA Reman (see linky). They quoted me around 800 quid inc vat for a remanufactured part with 2 years warranty

BBA Reman

I guarantee you won't find any cheaper in the UK, as I did plenty of research into this!

This is the first time I've heard of a face-lift series II having this problem. The face-lift model has a revised brake booster. May not be a design fault like with the pre Oct 2000 vehicle, just bad luck.

I never found anyone else, but while looking I found out how to turn off the high pitched alarm. You can drive the car but you don't have any ABS or traction control.

You can drive the car but depending on how bad the issue is you may not have brake assistance either, or it may not be able to keep assistance if you use the brakes for a long period of time.

The error occurs when the air tank doesn't reach a certain pressure within a certain time period. Three things could cause the problem, leak in the tank, pump not working correctly or pressure sensor not working correctly.

I don't recommend driving the GS with no ABS and no VSC. It can be lethal in an emergency.

Hi,I have a lexus GS430.I have a problem with the brake servo.I have been getting a high pitched screeching sound.I took it to Lexus who said I need a brake servo unit fitting.They quoted me £2500.I have a mechanic who can fit the part but I am having trouble getting one.Can anyone help me with finding a part? I need it urgently.Thank you.

Sorry to see that you have a problem. Has the system been thoroughly checked to ensure that the servo unit needs replacing? What sort of mileage has the car covered.

I don't recommend driving the GS with no ABS and no VSC. It can be lethal in an emergency.

Surely no more lethal than any of the millions of cars driving around that have no ABS or VSC fitted at all?

Surely no more lethal than any of the millions of cars driving around that have no ABS or VSC fitted at all?

This is Maneesh we are talking about here, he drives everywhere on the rev limiter

Most other cars on the road arnt capable of 155mph, 6 second 0-60, have 280bhp, or weigh over 2000 kg

Having been in a situation where I needed to rely on the VSC and ABS (not because was driving on the limit) I agree with maneesh....

£2500 doesnt get you much of a funeral these days.

• 3 weeks later...
Most other cars on the road arnt capable of 155mph, 6 second 0-60, have 280bhp, or weigh over 2000 kg

Having been in a situation where I needed to rely on the VSC and ABS (not because was driving on the limit) I agree with maneesh....

£2500 doesnt get you much of a funeral these days.

Thanks for all your replies.I could not get the part anywhere.I tried getting it imported but it cost nearly as much as the part and fitting from Lexus.SOOOOOOOOOOOOO I parted with £2500 and got Lexus to do the job.I have the old part and hope to get it reconditioned.Anyone have any ideas as to where to get the repair done?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links