Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Local Authority "resurfaces" Roads

It's that time of year when the local county council decide to cover all those potholes with a layer of tar and a generous sprinkling of chippings! The potholes now remain hidden until you hit them and the road looks nice and level :whistling:

Unable to avoid the area in question I followed the advised speed and carefully progressed through the area.

On returning home my car is now splattered with tar all along the sills,bottoms of the doors and on the lower wheel arch mouldings.

A call to the council resulted in "it's not our fault the signs were up" Ok yes 10 MPH and danger of skidding signs but not " your car may be covered in tar after using this road"

So a major project to carefully remove the splatters ensues.

Who is liable?

Pah ! Councils ! Boil them in oil if I had my way :tsktsk: :lol:

Or TAR ! Nice one Wozza I'm with you all the way. Councils arrange meetings to see who will attend the meetings to discuss what action to take about people who do not attend the meetings that are about meetings......Now this discussion "Calls for a meeting"

They are just doing the main A412 road by me today, with that cheap s**t of 10mm of tar + 2mm of chippings on the hottest day of the year so it should have set by next month,and when i was driving on the other side 80% of the road on the side they have just done is now just tar already as most of the chippings are in the kerb,I hate this way of resurfacing.

ORDER! ORDER! please let the right honourable member speak :whistling:

I bought some Auto Glym tar remover and got it all off in under an hour, there is a funny ending in that the road that was resurfaced has now melted again in the heat today so is now as smooth as it was before the job. Paint and the Forth bridge spring to mind.

I also have a new updated memory card for my Sat Nav which has a new option.As well as avoiding motorways and toll roads I can now set it to avoid newly resurfaced roads! :whistling:

Where was this?

Tut-Tut WIM were'nt you at the meeting :whistling:

Derby I think looking at Steve 2006 location.

I beg forgiveness for missing the meet....... Was it good :D

Nah the reason i asked where is that the main road out of Chesham suffered the same poxy deal.... They laid the tarmac, then chippings and "immediately" let the cars drive on it?!?!

What a mess..... :sad: ....... In fact i had a DB9 booked and i wouldn't let the car on the ramp until the tar was worn off the tyres.

the council is to blame and are liable, but everyone knows it is so much of a pain to claim from them so no one does !

we have a road near us which they "dressed" last month, this month they are digging it up and laying a new gas main in it :huh:

the council are fantastic at sending bills and parking tickets out, yet could not organise a drunken party in a brewery

Yep I came back through that road last week from Hemel Hempsted trying to avoid the chaos on the M25 I was in my lorry at 27+ degrees was stuck there for what seemed like an eternity,

All them stone chippings made a right mess of the area and whats happend since that day ABSALOUTLY NOTHING its just been left!!!

Rant Over

Where was this?

Tut-Tut WIM were'nt you at the meeting :whistling:

Derby I think looking at Steve 2006 location.

I beg forgiveness for missing the meet....... Was it good :D

Nah the reason i asked where is that the main road out of Chesham suffered the same poxy deal.... They laid the tarmac, then chippings and "immediately" let the cars drive on it?!?!

What a mess..... :sad: ....... In fact i had a DB9 booked and i wouldn't let the car on the ramp until the tar was worn off the tyres.

You'd all moan if the councils didn't repair roads...crikes what do you want...lol

That's just it with the tar and grit they don't repair them just cover up the potholes and make it look nice for a bit.

What do you want from the motorists 44billion tax contribution?.....lol

If they put the actual money in the holes that would help :whistling:

Then you'd moan you couldn't get over it :D

Indeed..... Comments down the pub like... "I hit a bunch of £50 notes last night and done me wheel" would be abundant if the new revenue actually went into repairing our moon like scared roads.

I can hand on heart say the second most common reason the Geometry goes wrong on "any car" is due to the pothole!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links