Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Questions .and More Questions!

Hello to you all! I have just bought a Lexus 1S 200 se, on a W plate from a car auctions! Alas though the car came with no manual and no service history! ( Im going to contact Lexus and see if they may be able to tell me if it has been serviced at any Lexus dealers though!). I presume manuals can be bought though? (e-bay maybe?) I really need one as I havent got a clue what all the buttons are for!

Also, it came with only one key and remote. I preume I will have to get both from a Main dealer? (ie...expensive!!!) Anybody have any idea how much it would cost please?

And!!! Ive done a search for tyre pressures,(I have 17 inch wheels on) and it looks as though the pressures should be 34 or 35 all around?

Also!!! it has a Kenwood single cd player in it (face -off type) I presume this was added on.

Lastly! the front door speakers dont seem to be working? (or at least they are very quiet!) is there an 'adjusting"!!! button on the dash somewhere please? (sorry Ive no manual!), failing that Ill have to try and see if htere is a balance control or something on the cd itself!

Finally!!!!! (Yeah I know I just said lastly!!!!!!) the cigar lighter seems to be missing? (I dont smoke.but the previous owner did..just spent hours cleaning it!) and it looks .well..not right with it missing! So!I was wondering if anybody had one to sell please?

Cheers in advance guys!

Welcome mate,

Wozza may have a spare cigarette lighter as he had an unhealthy obsession a while ago i think.

Yeah according to WIM the tyre pressures should be 35 all round.

Yeah you could do with a second key, they come up on eBay often so try and get one off there maybe? and you can buy blank ones without the inserts. Theres threads on here that tell you how to program it.

As for the stereo, it depends how its been wired in, so you'll have to take it out and get some pictures to start to diagnose the fault.

Stav

all around?

Also!!! it has a Kenwood single cd player in it (face -off type) I presume this was added on.

Lastly! the front door speakers dont seem to be working? (or at least they are very quiet!) is there an 'adjusting"!!! button on the dash somewhere please? (sorry Ive no manual!), failing that Ill have to try and see if htere is a balance control or something on the cd itself!

ok well im not a LExus GOD myself but on a normal lexus is200 there them two bigish bottons one for the radio and one for the CD player to switch it on and off and setting for your speakers ! front and back and ur left and right side !! TRY them IF YOU HAVE THAT and all u need to do it click(s) the big round botton the one closest to you ! and and Turn is left or right !!!!

if its not that hum... i guess its ur speaker !! and u would have to remove ur inerdoor panel :( Ewwww

i dont see why they Pre owner Removed the lexus head unit !! there not that bad and it holds 6 CDs better then a single one !! but ya good luck

KEYS : http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...exus+is200+keys

LEXUS cigarette lighter : http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/?_nkw=car+cig...mp;_trksid=m270

Many thanks for the replies guys! Sorry if I seem a little dopey here!.but is it simply a case of getting a key (then getting it cut of course!) and remote.But I presume it will still have to be taken to a Lexus dealer for programming? And! if so! is that likely to be expensive

The cigar lighter looks easy to sort out! Ill have a fiddle with the cd when the car comes back! (the missus is out in it!............actually I was 'sort of' lieing! as it is sort of! her car!).

Tomorrow after work I ll try ringing up a few dealers to see if they can help me out as to any history being done on the car! So that just leaves the manual! (well for now anyway!) . Maybe a dealer might have one for sale? or else they may be some on e-bay sometimes? (none there now!).

Thanks again for all answers and replies! They are very gratefully recieved!

Oopps! I knew there was something else!! The gearknob!? The one on the car now ......well..........its like a round silvery thing? Is that the right one please? (or was it added?)

If its the wrong one! what should be on there please!

I promise. ( well at least Ill try!) not to ask any more questions today! cheers!

I think I may be stuffed! The key I have is only a 2 button key. After reading the posts it seems that this is not the master key? so I presume its the valet key? and therefore I wont be able to get another key and remote from this? (unless I pay 2 grand that is!?)

I think I may be stuffed! The key I have is only a 2 button key. After reading the posts it seems that this is not the master key? so I presume its the valet key? and therefore I wont be able to get another key and remote from this? (unless I pay 2 grand that is!?)

Have you any details of the last owner matey? you could maybe get in touch with them to see if they still have any of the keys for it, Which is what i did and now i have 3 keys :D

Have you any details of the last owner matey? you could maybe get in touch with them to see if they still have any of the keys for it, Which is what i did and now i have 3 keys :D

I was thinking of that, plus they may well have some of the cars history, But! as I got the car from an auction, Im not sure of how the car was sold? I mean for all I know it may well have been a repo or something like that? maybe could have had the car siezed from them !?

I have the slip from the log-book (the auctioners send the whole log book off!) and the last owner lives only about 30 miles from me.

But! as I say Im a bit wary to ask them?

I say that cos in the car there was a lot off stuff (cds , golf balls etc etc!) so to me (maybe Im paranoid!) it seems as if the car was taken .well lets say as they didnt empty the car..........it makes me seem a little wary.

I guess I could write to them and give them my e-mail or mobile number?

You keep talking about a key AND a remote. The IS has no remote it is all in the key.

Do you have a separate fob as well as a KEY?

Sorry! I mean the key! The key has just 2 buttons on it lock and unlock!

You keep talking about a key AND a remote. The IS has no remote it is all in the key.

Do you have a separate fob as well as a KEY?

Sorry! I mean the key! The key has just 2 buttons on it lock and unlock!

OK now all is clear.

I was thinking of that, plus they may well have some of the cars history, But! as I got the car from an auction, Im not sure of how the car was sold? I mean for all I know it may well have been a repo or something like that? maybe could have had the car siezed from them !?

I have the slip from the log-book (the auctioners send the whole log book off!) and the last owner lives only about 30 miles from me.

But! as I say Im a bit wary to ask them?

I say that cos in the car there was a lot off stuff (cds , golf balls etc etc!) so to me (maybe Im paranoid!) it seems as if the car was taken .well lets say as they didnt empty the car..........it makes me seem a little wary.

I guess I could write to them and give them my e-mail or mobile number?

If it was a repo matey i think you wouldnt of had any keys so maybe they had to give it up? But i know what your saying about being a bit wary? it might be a good idea to try and find a set on eBay with locks and ecu and change the lot so at least you'll know they wont be able to take it back being as there quite close to you, if they do have the other keys for it?

Sounds like i'm being a bit negative but not meant to be was just something i thought of :whistling: Anyway matey enjoy your lex and again welcome to the club :D

About getting another key, get one on eBay, like this one-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-3-BUTTON-REMOT...bayphotohosting

Get it Cut then have a look here-

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...;hl=program+key

Its a realy good topic which explains how to program the key. You will save a fortune doing this, it works to iv done it myself but i did have to program the key twice before it worked. I had a quote for a punto key years ago, £260!!!

Good Luck :D

About getting another key, get one on ebay, like this one-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-3-BUTTON-REMOT...bayphotohosting

Get it Cut then have a look here-

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...;hl=program+key

Its a realy good topic which explains how to program the key. You will save a fortune doing this, it works to iv done it myself but i did have to program the key twice before it worked. I had a quote for a punto key years ago, £260!!!

Good Luck :D

Programming technique in my guide, as mentioned above, does work. Just takes a couple of tries sometimes, as you have to get the timing right!

I found it's often cheaper to get a blank key case, then buy an old key from a scrappy, or eBay, (cut to someone elses car) and transplant the inner electrics to the blank, recut and reprogramme.

Good luck. But whatever you do, don't give the dealer £100+for a key!

Yeah according to WIM the tyre pressures should be 35 all round.

Is that for standard rims? Is it any different for aftermarket whhels?

I have lieghtweight Rotas, with 225/40/18s. Should they be running 35psi?

I have always run them at 32, not knowing any better, just guessing really, but figured I couldn't be too far out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links