Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mods In General

tys

hi again everyone.im on a roll 2 posts in one nite!lol. i have recently installed a cat bac janspeed exhaust and a powertec induction kit (cost me £250! ouch).i was jst wondering what the best mods are for i is200?

Well without some serious money your kinda stuck on power now, for much more power you'll want a charger, or Turbo etc.

But a set of uprated Anti Roll bars (ARB's) will do wonders for you handling. Then some uprated brake pads as well.

Stav

yea i have thought about HID lights.i saw them on a red top nova yesterday and the where really bright.any advice on which ist the best kit 2 get?

I couldn't say which is the "best" kit. There are some available on eBay. I bought mine from hids4u.co.uk for £99. The only real problem I had was having to cut down one of the plastic electrical connectors on each HID set (2 mins with a hacksaw) to make them fit properly. Very pleased with them.

on the subject of suspension how long would standard shocks last with a set of 40mm lowering springs?

Years, if the the shocks are in OK condition. Coilovers will be better but cost £££!

ARBs too will help handling no end. HIDs are highly recommended and possible best mod possible for your money? £40-50, eBay, don't pay more!

What Celica do you have? Need any parts mate? Potentially breaking two! linky...

yea i have thought about HID lights.i saw them on a red top nova yesterday and the where really bright.any advice on which ist the best kit 2 get?

I couldn't say which is the "best" kit. There are some available on eBay. I bought mine from hids4u.co.uk for £99. The only real problem I had was having to cut down one of the plastic electrical connectors on each HID set (2 mins with a hacksaw) to make them fit properly. Very pleased with them.

You payed £99 and you had to modify it to fit?! That's madness.

I bought mine off fleabay for £37.50 delivered. They just went straight in no hassle, and although i have no real basis for comparison, i have no reason to believe they are sub standard.

Anything that gets fitted on a Nova gets its reputation ruined. Although HID's are a fine addition. I don't go in for the whole modifying thing, I prefer to save the cash I'd spend on modifications and save it towards my next new car. Maybe it's just me?

I prefer to save the cash I'd spend on modifications and save it towards my next new car

I dont understand this bit mate ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats like me saying.........im going to save the money i would have spent on fags (smoking), for something else.......when i dont smoke :duh:

I bought mine off fleabay for £37.50 delivered. They just went straight in no hassle, and although i have no real basis for comparison, i have no reason to believe they are sub standard.

Hi Talisker, could you or anyone else link me to a HID kit, thinking about getting some HID's to sit behind my JDM lights i think they would look awesome :)

I prefer to save the cash I'd spend on modifications and save it towards my next new car

Thats like me saying.........im going to save the money i would have spent on fags (smoking), for something else.......when i dont smoke :duh:

My point is, because I buy new cars every 2-3 years, why would I spend however many thousands on my IS (or any car) when 2 years down the line I'd want to change it for something else. I'd rather save the cash and spend it buying a newer and better car rather than adding bits on that does nothing to increase the value of my car. I can see why people spend money on their cars, but for me to do it, it doesn't make any financial sense.

My point is, because I buy new cars every 2-3 years, why would I spend however many thousands on my IS (or any car) when 2 years down the line I'd want to change it for something else. I'd rather save the cash and spend it buying a newer and better car rather than adding bits on that does nothing to increase the value of my car. I can see why people spend money on their cars, but for me to do it, it doesn't make any financial sense.

or saving for your yearly car tax

My baby is staying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may whine about the cost of running it, but when push comes to shove, I just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

.... Although HID's are a fine addition. I don't go in for the whole modifying thing, I prefer to save the cash I'd spend on modifications

I thought you bought HID's for your car Keith :tomato:

I did, and love them, but unless you count my tax disc holder, that's the only money I'd spend on my car.

.... Although HID's are a fine addition. I don't go in for the whole modifying thing, I prefer to save the cash I'd spend on modifications

I thought you bought HID's for your car Keith :tomato:

I did, and love them, but unless you count my tax disc holder, that's the only money I'd spend on my car.

Your a modder at heart :lol:

Back on topic i would suggest ARB's

Possibly, but it didn't seem like madness at the time.

I read loads of threads on here on HID kits and several people seemed to have used the HIDS4U kit and spoke well of it. For something like this with electrical components (especially high-voltage electrical), and being my most significant mod to date (!) and lacking experience at this sort of thing, I personally preferred to buy from an established UK-based retailer rather than an eBayer who for all I know could have disappeared by tomorrow (not saying that all eBayers are like this of course, but it does happen). Just stating my own preference at that instance, I'm not saying anything bad off eBay and buy loads of stuff myself off there.

I can only guess that the connectors in the kits had been changed fairly recently because no-one else had reported a problem with the connectors in the past, as far as I could tell. The modification was very easy to do and took just a couple of minutes with a hacksaw, and they fit perfectly now, it's not a bodge job. I could have dispensed with the cutting but would have had to compromise on where I wanted to put the passenger side ballast unit.

I also learned quite a lot from doing it and increased my own confidence at being able to do a bit of fiddling around and come up with a nicely-installed (IMHO) solution that works well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links