Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting My S/c At Jae!

I hope you put the sc on your insurance m8 or thats gonna cause a prob, I'm glad your ok though which is most important I had a accident in the Lex an I must admit it's never felt the same again an I take extra super care in any sign of rain or a puddle which is all the time lol..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!

Cheers for the kind words! Yeh the supercharger and everything was declared! Only for 5 days mind! Looked through the book and i have 3 years no claims so it knocks me down to one (i think its the first time ive smiled since 2am saturday)

The story:

I was coming off Avenue of Rememberance heading towards the A12 on a slip road. The road has soo many different road surfaces its rediculous!

I was doing about 60, with snow mode on. The slip road is quite a long sweeping bend and i was being careful and avoided the left lane (notoriously for being slippery and having big puddles).

Then the backend twiched as it went through a puddle, then began to slide! I tried to steer into it and keep the power the same but the car just slid back! Hit the Barrier and span into the middle of the road!

I dont know where the front bumper is?? might have to go look in the caravan park ( a 10meter dromp the other side of the barrier!) 2nite and have a look!

Out of about 20 cars only 1 stopped! Goes to show wot kind of a world we live in!

The police turned up and asked who the driver was! i said me and he started to go into one! Saying oh another young driver! showing off, heavy right foot and doent know how to control his car!

At that point i F***ING lost my temper! Called himalot of stuff C**T, being the main one!

They didnt even have the decency to ask if anyone was ok! Like yet again wot a C**T!!!

I will be putting in a formal letter of complaint! Even said (oi you lot need to walk up to the top of the road)

ITS A BUSY ROAD YOU P**CK! They towed my car to the top after me arguing and telling him he wasnt to start it!

Did a breath test and went for coffee and cakes no doubt!

Ive done a rough extimate at work and think its about 6k of damage! :( :( :(

I am totaly gutted! i bloody love my car! Ive worked my ***** off for 3 year scraped and saved and only paid my mum and dad back 2 months ago :( :(

While waiting for recovery i decided the car didnt need, Headrests, Spare wheel, spare whee// boot tool thing, TRD radiator cap, TRD gearnob, mats and the ashtrays! :whistling:

If i get the car back it will go back in, if not sell it! :)

Pics to follow!

Tom.

if there was no other cars involved you didnt really have to go through the insurance unless you mullered the road lol

so you might have been able to keep the no claims and break the car for spares ....

but as said before at least everyone is ok

True but when the police start making reports which they may not bother with, if it was just his car an no road signs/barriers damaged etc. But he's told the insurance company anyway now? It's also a fair bit of money to lose out on :( my no claims went to 0. If they dont write it off an repair, bitch & moan to make sure everything single part is fixed to 100% standard, an test it before you sign for it back. As mine was 4-5k mostly suspension was nailed an it's never been as good an now years on I've annoying rattles & squeaks etc. Just make sure your happy with it :D and good luck the insurance company took 3months to have mine done :crybaby: Norwich Union where great with me. It was the garage they sent my car to that sucked :shutit:

if there was no other cars involved you didnt really have to go through the insurance unless you mullered the road lol

so you might have been able to keep the no claims and break the car for spares ....

but as said before at least everyone is ok

True but when the police start making reports which they may not bother with, if it was just his car an no road signs/barriers damaged etc. But he's told the insurance company anyway now? It's also a fair bit of money to lose out on :( my no claims went to 0. If they dont write it off an repair, bitch & moan to make sure everything single part is fixed to 100% standard, an test it before you sign for it back. As mine was 4-5k mostly suspension was nailed an it's never been as good an now years on I've annoying rattles & squeaks etc. Just make sure your happy with it :D and good luck the insurance company took 3months to have mine done :crybaby: Norwich Union where great with me. It was the garage they sent my car to that sucked :shutit:

:shutit: I see you mentioned only if he mullerd the road, sorry didnt read it all, Rab lol..

Hope you get it sorted properly an quickly Tom.

PS. Tom, I can see your Dad blaming your new toy causing this in a few weeks time :(

Cheers for the comments guys, yeh in a way i hope the car is written off as it just wouldnt be the same! But i will Deff get another IS! i have not had a car that comes close to one yet!

My dad was suprisingly cool about it as he knows i dont d**k about when i have people in the car! So was generally one of those things that is just bad luck!

The barrier was smashed! On the car the Rad, Pipework, Intercooler, Powersteering, Wings, Bonnet, Bumper, Lights, Slam pannel and some other buits are gone, pretty much the front of the car is buggerd!

Gonna do a job........ Do it right!

Think the charger, BOV will be salvageable but the rest is pretty fooked!

Will post pics up sometime 2moro! :( which is wen i have to call Dovercourt to find out if its repairable! If not might be looking at Bazza's as kind of fell in love at JAE! :whistling: Now ive had a charged one i'll want it again lol

If i can buy the car hback i will strip it as all the leather is Mint and treated every sunday! the whole car was pretty much perfect as i am OCD about my cars being cleaned lol

But once again! it is just a car........

Tom.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links