Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres.......anyone Know Of Any Good Deals?

Ok so I have looked into this somewhat on the web to try and find some excellent prices but to be honest it's not been as easy as I anticipated it would be. I've looked at various tyre places online and they all work out to be dearer than my local tyre fitting out fit (not kwik fit or anyone like that but a decent local firm). I've been quoted £89 (inc vat, each) for pirelli P7000's and thats fitted and balanced. Obviously I will be making sure that they put the weights on the inside on the alloy but that doesn't sound bad at all to me.

However I can't help it, I though I must be able to save online some where any suggestions?

Also any suggestions on tyre, what to get value against performance.

Thanks in advance guys. :winky:

Ok so I have looked into this somewhat on the web to try and find some excellent prices but to be honest it's not been as easy as I anticipated it would be. I've looked at various tyre places online and they all work out to be dearer than my local tyre fitting out fit (not kwik fit or anyone like that but a decent local firm). I've been quoted £89 (inc vat, each) for pirelli P7000's and thats fitted and balanced. Obviously I will be making sure that they put the weights on the inside on the alloy but that doesn't sound bad at all to me.

However I can't help it, I though I must be able to save online some where any suggestions?

Also any suggestions on tyre, what to get value against performance.

Thanks in advance guys. :winky:

Ps my wheels are standard 215/45ZR17.

I bought my last tyres from www.camskill.co.uk then Lexus abdn balanced & fitted them for £6 per corner.

Give the Falken FK452's a look, most people on here rave about them.

Whenever I buy any tyres, I just ring lots of local places, and ask how much any chance of a discount cash payment etc! Touchwood if Im buying more than 1 , I ve always got a decent price! . I wouldnt get them from the internet, as for me! its too much hassle! I mean you have to still take the car to some garage or tyre fitters to get them put on! As I say thats my "personal opinion!" I have no doubt lots of people have had great deals on buying online tyres!

I suggest you print off quotes from the Internet and go round your local tyre dealers asking them if they can match/beat the online price, chances are they will match (if not beat) the online prices.

The problem with buying tyres online is you have to find someone local who is willing to fit tyres that they are not suppling. Many tyre places do not want to fit tyres that they haven't sold themselves. I had a tyre place telling me that they would charge me £20 a corner for fitting a tyre that they hadn't supplied.

As for tyre choice, go for Goodyear Eagle F1's, everyone recomends them.

The problem with buying tyres online is you have to find someone local who is willing to fit tyres that they are not suppling. Many tyre places do not want to fit tyres that they haven't sold themselves. I had a tyre place telling me that they would charge me £20 a corner for fitting a tyre that they hadn't supplied.

My experience is that you can get online quotes from tyre dealers that are cheaper than the prices they offer at their own outlets, and of course they'll still fit them for you. For example, on my previous car I've used these people

Be careful with cheap tyres, I only got my IS200 a few weeks ago and thought the handling was a bit crap and the rear end was a bit iffy in the wet. It had a mix of tyres including two Semperit budget tyres.

I changed all four tyres to Vredestein Ultracs which are renowned for their wet weather performance (but they are top in the dry too).

My IS200 is now tranformed, the whole ride quality, roadholding and grip has completely changed for the better.

I paid £162 a pair for the tyres.

Only think is they are a touch noisier than my old tyres but the IS is so well soundproofed you don't notice it that much, only on bad roads.

Tyres are one area not to scrimp on - they're the only 4 things holding you and 1.6 tonnes of metal on the road and quibbling over an extra £100 or so pales into insignificance when you've bought budget wellies and are headed straight for a ditch!

Wasn't there some big hoo har a while a ago in the motoring press about garages charging for balancing, alignment and so on? I would always argue that I don't know how they can justify charging extra for aligning them because you can't use them without it being done.

:winky: hi guys i'm arun from singapore, well this forum has helped me alot on my geometry and radio probs so i feel i have to do my part for this forum. In singapore we only have very few IS200 and one forum which is shared with altezza and IS200. thats why i'm here too since 2005.

Tyres are very important as they are the ones that make contact with roads. I personally have not tried many tyres as this is only my 2nd car but i did alot of research before purchasing my tyres and it really helped me alot.

This tyres i would recommend to anyone and trust me you will not regret using this tyre, I guess it should be an underdog there but in singapore it is kinda underdog but its always out of stock :winky: (so u know its in demand)

Well if you dunt track often and drive normal spirited style and with max speed of our rides occasionally, then i suggest try it.

Its kinda all rounder and even in tirerack, it has good ratings all round. To be truthful, it has been serving me extremely well.

excellent on wet and dry(dunt have snow here so i cant comment), its quiet too and comfortable. I'm driving the SE too and am using 215/45/17. This tyre has served me well(41,00km, bought it in dec 06 and still the threads are ok less the inner wear but not so bad) i change tyres every 2 years at most and also look at the tyres carefully and inflate them every week or 2.

The tyre is Dunlop Sports Maxx :) search for the reviews and try it. It worked for me and alot of them in singapore wonderfully and its not expensive but not cheap at all. its like what we say excellent value for money!!

Any body have an opinion of the pirelli's? I have them now but have nothing to compare them to.

Ps. Thanks again for all your replies.

Greedy your local to me, try Pro Tyre in Poole, very good and cheap prices. I may even be off down there tomorrow to get a new set of Kumho's

Im on my third set of Kumho KU31's. Got 30k each out of past 2 sets, £270 for four fitted. Get good reviews online aswell.

Wow, never thought you can get that much from a set of tyres! My last set lasted just shy of 10k miles (cos of the the dredded lexus OEM settings!!). Now they have been Wim'ed, im hoping for around 17k miles. I'm now using Goodyear Eagle F1's all round and i know many do as well and thats what im sticking to. I know some of you also use companies that come out to do the tyres as well, any recommendations on these?

• 1 month later...
Any body have an opinion of the pirelli's? I have them now but have nothing to compare them to.

Ps. Thanks again for all your replies.

Greedy your local to me, try Pro Tyre in Poole, very good and cheap prices. I may even be off down there tomorrow to get a new set of Kumho's

Thanks for you're help mate but pro tyres were a bit pricey my tyres and the local tyre fitter (bride valley motors) were cheaper.

:shifty:

Ive got bigger alloys 225/40/"18" and have Dunlop sport maxx ( japan ) on the rear and they are superb in the wet and dry and also very quiet ....and have the benefit of having the rim protector`s on them.....will also get them on the fronts when they wear out..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links