Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gutted

As some of you may know I recently purchased a light damage IS200 and have been desperatly trying to source parts to repair it. Well my mechanic had a good look at it today and has advised me to sell it :crybaby: The car has had previous damage to it which hasnt been repaired to a high standard but the repairs were hidden well and its also got chassis damage so unfortunatly it isnt going to be affordable to me to repair it. Really gutted as it was a nice car with low mileage so I guess this probably makes me the person to own a lexus for the shortest period of time lol. Once I get rid of this one I'm not sure what I'll get but if I find another IS200 I'll be happy but I'll continue to be a part of the club even if I dont have one.

To be honest as I'm a student I'd rather just sell the whole car as is as I dont have the time to break it or the technical knowhow of taking it apart lol. Sorry to dissappoint any of you but if anyone wants it then give me a shout. Btw, its only got 14k on the clock ;)

Hi,

After a lot of consideration I've decided that I'm gonna get a second opinion on the car and then make a decision from there if its worth repairing or not. Previously the total cost of repairs shouldnt have exceeded the £800 mark but now that I know that it'll need jigging coz of the kink in the O/S/F chassis leg and possibly the N/S/F leg needing attention as well I'm not sure how much the costs will increase. I'm hoping that it wont be much but I'll only keep it if I can get the car as mint as possible but with it being as cost effective as possible as well.

The damage to the car currently stands at....

Bonnet

Bumper

O/S/F Headlight

O/S/F Wing

Possibly N/S/F Wing coz of a slight kink in it

Possibly a slam panel but tbh I really do think it can be pulled.

O/S/F chassis leg is kinked slightly so will need jigging but its not that far back and I've been told yesterday that it aint a big job to sort.

N/S/F chassis leg I'm guessing may need a big of a jig as well.

I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links