Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Problems

Have abit of a problem with my boot, only just noticed a horrible damp smell when i get in the car, checked everywhere and after lifting up the mat in the boot i have myself a small water feature :lol:

Its in the well in the bottom left corner and i think it might be getting through the seals, its probably from when i had the accident and the back wing got abit dinted but it didnt really look like it would of had any effect on the seal so just got it filled in and sprayed over

214853124a7375213598l.jpg

You guys got any good ideas how i can sort it myself without having to fork out more money?, and dont suppose theres any way i can get all that water out other then a plastic cup is there? :unsure: Mate told me there should be like a plug in the bottom that i can tap out but havent really looked. Could do with sorting it out before even more :tsktsk: weather comes

Where did you get hit from to dent the wing like that? If from behind, then there would clearly be some reasonable damage for the force to travel through the wing.............is your boot floor undamaged?

Where did you get hit from to dent the wing like that? If from behind, then there would clearly be some reasonable damage for the force to travel through the wing.............is your boot floor undamaged?

Long story really, basically to cut it short, when i bought it the guy ripped me off and the car was basically a death trap, on the way to trading standards i spun it on a corner, hit 2 gate posts and slid along the hedge. Cost me round about 3 grand to fix and the guy got away with it. I got more pics in my album.

Apart from the rear splitter being cracked and my back box being dinted in thats the only part of the back end that suffered not sure what hit it, Boot floors fine.

Iv tried looking while theres been water poured on it, it looks like its just running down the window as normal, and along the seal and its getting in somewhere round above where the dint was, iv checked the seal though and there doesnt seem to be any damage :duh:

Long story really, basically to cut it short, when i bought it the guy ripped me off and the car was basically a death trap, on the way to trading standards i spun it on a corner, hit 2 gate posts and slid along the hedge. Cost me round about 3 grand to fix and the guy got away with it. I got more pics in my album.

Apart from the rear splitter being cracked and my back box being dinted in thats the only part of the back end that suffered not sure what hit it, Boot floors fine.

Iv tried looking while theres been water poured on it, it looks like its just running down the window as normal, and along the seal and its getting in somewhere round above where the dint was, iv checked the seal though and there doesnt seem to be any damage :duh:

Damn, what was wrong with the car to cause that? Was it from a dealer of some sort? Surely there would have been liability there if it was........ :unsure:

I remember reading somewhere about a possible cause being the sunroof drain being blocked and a test was to open the sunroof, pour water down the edge and see if it runs out into the boot.

All sorts, was from some dodgy dealer guy that i didnt realise was dodgy at the time, he just goes round buying cars from auctions, sticks a few grand on the price and sells em.

They advertise that every car gets a full safety check before its sold...after having mine 2 days i noticed the tyres were well and truely shafted, so i took it back and they accused it of being me driving like an idiot. So to be on the safe side i took it up to the lexus dealer for an early MOT and it failed on loads... restricted free movement, brake components restricted free movement, brakes pulling uneven, brake cables deteriorated and a few others.

So i took it back to the dealer demanding it got fixed under the warranty and he said hed fix everything else but the brake cables had been done deliberate because it looked like a clean cut and they tried accusing lexus of conning me out of money...So i took it back up to lexus and told them what theyd said and they showed me it was a crack not a cut...and the dealer was just trying to say it was deliberate to get out of paying for it and they suggested i took him to trading standards....and on the way there i crashed.

Trading standards said if i got the car there in one piece i could of sued up to 5 grand without the help of a solicitor, But due to the fact i was driving the car with a failed MOT i didnt really have a leg to stand on and they said there was no way of proving the car was in that condition the day i bought it. Brake cables dont wear in a week do they?!!? <_<

But yeah...thats only half of my sob story :crybaby:

Think iv just read through that, i might give it a test because to be honest it could be anything, the car sat there for a month before i started fixing it. :unsure:

i think mine may had a wee tap at rear at some point, same problem. filling up with water passenger side. took light out and little bit of corrosion around the weld/sealant. i just used some plack silicone and pushed it in all round any rough looking bits and it has sorted it for now anyway

quick cheap fix. not worth fixin a 10 year old car professionally for all the problem is

I have the little puddle too, but in the offside well of the boot. I leave a decorators sponge in there then just pull it out and squeeze the water out :-o

I am intending to liberally waxoyl it in the area of the offside wheel well so as to render it water proof and able to tolerate the wet sponge which I will dry out every week until I can find the ingress point.

• 1 month later...

mine also suffers from 'puddles!'

i poured water over the back window with the boot open & noticed drips of water just under / above the left hinge.

i'll add a pic of where it's leaking from in a bit

Image055.jpg

as you can see the opening is to the left of the pic , and the rust around that hole! thats were the water is coming in from :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links