Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Cd Fault

A fault has developed on my CD, error code 1 appears on the screen, it doesn't seem to read the discs. occasionally it will work, but more often than not it goes to error. I have been told this is a common problem and is known to Lexus. The car was bought new in 03 and has covered 18,000 miles. Basically it is a pampered second car. I called into Lexus Wolverhampton today where they told me this would possibly cost me a £1000 pounds to replace the unit. How can this be a fault known Lexus.

Where is this customer service? Where is this pursuit of perfection? I could have gone to a local car boot sale and bought a second hand radio CD player and expected more useage from that. This is not my only issue with Lexus Wolverhampton, they actually damaged/marked one of my wheels during a service and turned around and said it was wear and tear but i know different as the wheels had been waxed inside and out religiously from new as I am aware of the crap finish used on them. I hope someone may be able to help me with the radio issue.

Thanks.

From what i was told when mine packed up, Was that the headunit had a 5yr warranty it used to be 3yrs, Is yours still in the the 5yrs being as you brought it in 03? Was told that by Lexus Stoke but the dealer i brought the car from sent it off to be repaired as mine was out of the warranty period?

Yeah iv given in with mine and im just saving up for an aftermarket one. It does exactly the same as yours mate. Only reads disks when it feels like it.

A couple of months ago it just wouldnt eject or load CDs at all after it had been in the garage 2 month and i took it up to lexus and they said the same thing..... ''its gonna cost you about 400 to repair mate and should be away up to 6 weeks, or we can fit a new one for you right now for a grand''

Just went home, read on one of the forums how to remove it, then took it out, took the shell off and removed the CDs, put it all back together and it was working!, only took me half an hour :lol: , but still have that problem with the error message all the time though :unsure:

The girlfriend reckons i should get one of them CD's that cleans it but i dont really know if itll be any good....could be worth a try though?

What gets me all about this, they ram the customer service bit down our throats and pester me with calls and literature to buy another new Lexus which I wont and I have yet to experience anything like this rock solid service they keep going on about. My son bought a Lupo GTI and took it into a dealership in Wolverhampton with wheel finish issues, they ordered him 2 new wheels given the car was not purchased from this dealership it was bought 2nd hand from another part of a country, now that is service.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has just started doing this today :(

First of all I'm going to try as above, taking it apart and giving it a good clean.

Then if thats no good try here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Faulty-Lexus-IS200-a...id=p3286.c0.m14

Although makes me wonder if its worth just replacing it with a non-factory one, however not sure how this would upset the factory sat nav, and having built an install workign around keeping the factory unit seems like but of a waste. Something like this though is a good looking unit http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php?pid=3...ow=expand_image and if i could sort out the correct fascia I think it would look fairly ok.

http://www.bassjunkies.com/index.php?pid=3...ow=expand_image and if i could sort out the correct fascia I think it would look fairly ok.

Autoleads Facia FP-25-00 I use in my system can be used as a Double DIN or Single DIN fitment.

They are available on eBay and 1 seller sells a cheap package of bypass lead & facia kit.

To keep your Lexus OE Sat-Nav working, you will need Fargo's Module Box too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links