Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

It Died.

84Stoney

Ok so this morning my car would not unlock on the button. After some experimentatioin i figured the Battery was dead. Strange, as it was only left 12 hours and no signs of Battery problems before. Lights left on auto so no chance of them, no interior lights or stereo left on. Mystery.

Drove it a very short way and seemed fine. Then went back to it 3 hours later, Battery putting out 8volts.

Now I will remove the batt and charge it overnight and see what happens.

Anyone got any ideas? Already considing Battery benig dead (no idea of its age) or the alternator not working, dead or loose connection?

More experimenting is needed...

On a related note, has anyone (Redz_UK possibly?) got an Optima Yellowtop Battery? What is a god price to pay? Also looking for decent Battery terminals to run normal connections plus stereo feeds plus (at some point) "big 3" upgrade and fully grounding kit. Any reccomendation from anyone into their ICE?

On a related note, has anyone (Redz_UK possibly?) got an Optima Yellowtop battery? What is a god price to pay? Also looking for decent battery terminals to run normal connections plus stereo feeds plus (at some point) "big 3" upgrade and fully grounding kit. Any reccomendation from anyone into their ICE?

i never got round to buying one as i got differing opinion on what would be the best Battery for me..

found somewhere that can do them for about £140..

i have a batt terminal that has a 0gauge, 4 gauge and 2x 8 gauge.. think its about £15 and you can then remove then oem terminal and go direct into this.. same for ground but 1 x 0 gauge and 1 x 4 gauge..

do the big 3 and you wont need a grounding kit..

im runing stable at just under 12v now with standard bat and a 1k amp and a 300w amp (touches wood) but its near breaking point!!

you should be ok with a decent silver top Battery and the big 3..

yellow top

cheapest price i found.. cheaper than the trade price!!

batt terminal

decent enough and will do the job! you may find chepaer though..

alternatively.. to give you evertything you need to do the big 3 and more this is a really good value kit..

wiring kit

oh, and if you have fitted a power cap i would take it out.. mine is now gone and im suffering less power drops than before...

i never got round to buying one as i got differing opinion on what would be the best battery for me..

i have a batt terminal that has a 0gauge, 4 gauge and 2x 8 gauge.. think its about £15 and you can then remove then oem terminal and go direct into this.. same for ground but 1 x 0 gauge and 1 x 4 gauge..

do the big 3 and you wont need a grounding kit..

you should be ok with a decent silver top battery and the big 3..

Cool. How I'll check those links when i have more time. Thanks.

What have you gone for then?

Was gonna do grounding kit anyway, just to stabalise everything a bit. only £40.

my mate had the same problem on his starley, turned out his amp and power cap were draing the battery as i was pulling a feed when the car was off.

you could try that.

Amps all run remote cables from headunit, powers down with ignition. Couldn't be that.

oh, and if you have fitted a power cap i would take it out.. mine is now gone and im suffering less power drops than before...

Batt and big 3 will be insdead of cap.

yellow top

cheapest price i found.. cheaper than the trade price!!

batt terminal

decent enough and will do the job! you may find chepaer though..

alternatively.. to give you evertything you need to do the big 3 and more this is a really good value kit..

wiring kit

Did i find that link and post it a few weeks ago? I've found that site before. Looks cheap as...free delivery too i think.

That kit looks a good price, but i already have my amps wored so would not need all of it, my power kits were £50 each with circuit breakers!

On the Optima side...been offered a yellow top by a mate for £60, result! Wont be for a couple weeks though, so back to the problem in hand...

Right. Help please...

Battery seems to be discharging itself. Charged my batt last night and put a celica one in for a bit, fine last night, but dead this morning. Seems to have discharged that one too, though it has not been used in months and may be dodgy itself! Though was fully charged when i put it in.

The real test will be to put my original batt back in a see how it goes.

Whay is it doing this? How do i stop it? Anyone?

could be the cap?

best thing to do is remove fuses on each thing in turn and see if it drains.. start with amps first..

can also do with a multimeter if u have one..

well worth it at the price for a yt.. just make sure its not knackered..

could be the cap?

best thing to do is remove fuses on each thing in turn and see if it drains.. start with amps first..

can also do with a multimeter if u have one..

well worth it at the price for a yt.. just make sure its not knackered..

There is no cap!!!

Somehow the amps were draining it. Not really looked at it as had to go to Bristol to get wasted! Pulled all amp fuses and disconnected headunit. Was just pleased the Battery held it's charge! Was on my own, and my ipod also plug directly into my ears!

Needs looking into thou. It seemed the amps were drawing 7 volts, when the Battery itself was only showing 7 volts! With ignition and headunit off. Surely the remote should not be turning on the amps without ignition AND headunit power? Never had this problem until three days ago. Stereo setup has not been touched since May!

Confused!

Yes, if yellow top fits and works, then that's a deal!

There is no cap!!!

sorry, i thought u had one!!

is it both amps or the one??

where is your remote lead connected to?

there must be a short somewhere.

try putting the multimeter in the remote lead to see if thats sending a signal..

There is no cap!!!

sorry, i thought u had one!!

is it both amps or the one??

where is your remote lead connected to?

there must be a short somewhere.

try putting the multimeter in the remote lead to see if thats sending a signal..

Yeh both I think.

I have two remote leads, running from the same output from the HU. But HU should def not output to them when off!

Will have to check it out but been too busy over the weekend.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links