Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Repairs - Allocated Shop Or Lexus Bodyshop

Urgent advice required here. Some idiot dented the left rear door and wheel arch in a car park and then drove away.

I have to get it sorted under insurance but they will insist on using there bodyshop (Norwich Union - SOLUS). They have been okay in the past but as my 250 is only 10 months old I was wondering if anyone thinks I should use a Lexus/Toyota bodyshop and get the insurers to pay them?

What do people suggest?

Cheers, Kit.

i had similar problems with my insurance company basicly from what lexus told me you are well within your right to have it repaired where you want as you pay for the policy you will have to get 2 quotes to satisfy the insurance company basicly i got 2 quotes one from lexus and one from vauxhall and told vauxhall to be more expensive therefor leaving lexus the cheaper the only downside is my insurance company would not then let me have a temp car this had to be done through lexus i had the insurance on that to incur but youmight belucky and lexus do it for you as the car is being repaired there

You have the right to have your vehicle repaired where you wish, dont be bullied into taking it to an "approved" repairer (they are just saving as much as they can).

Have a read of your docs. You might find that if you get your car repaired by anyone other that a Lexus/Toyota approved bodyshop you will void the 12yr body warranty.

Your Ins co will prob say that if you do this you will not get a courtesy car, but you should find that you can get 1 from Lex/Toyota.

Hi,

I had an accident about 15 months ago... a VW people carrier smashed into the back of my IS 250 causing lots of damage.

Took it down to the local Lexus dealer/body shop and had an estimate of the repairs. Was told to do the claims via Accident Exchange. Everything was handled very well by them. Got a call very quickly to take details and the car was booked into the Lexus body shop for repairs.

I'm with Direct Line insurance who had no problem with repairs being carried out at the body shop of my choice.

Did get a replacement car via Accident Exchange during repairs - a brand new IS250 SE MM delivered to my office. They even asked whether I wanted one with Sat Nav...

Never had to make a phone call myself during the entire process...

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to me with Esure, I insisted that the work be carried out by the Lexus approved body shop and they agreed. Both sides and rear bumper have been done now, but you cannot tell.

Best paint jobs I've ever seen.

The car was one month old when someone decided that it would look better with a rock scraped from the front to the back on the near side. The second one was on the other side when I discovered a manufacturing paint fault on the rear offside door. They painted the whole offside then. Two years on paintwork appears as good as when it came out of the showroom. Insist on the Lexus approved bodyshop which will use only the Lexus approved paint, others will not necessarily do this.

I had same thing car 10 days old and some daft git reversed in to me in a Honda Civic

but as i mentioned before he had Sarga Insurance and they arranged everything

but i did stipulate my Car goes Back to Lexus Birmingham, for New Bumber to be fitted.

Most of the dealers use a Bodyshop that the group send all make cars to so i found out

but in my mind it was LEXUS who did it so any probs i go back to Lexus,

Also as yours is Body panel (metal) Damage if Lexus do it your 10 year anti corrosion warranty still

stands, where if it goes to A. N. Other garage If anything happens with paint later on IE bubbling/rust

then Lexus will say it has had body work done by someone before, again as i found out with my IS200 i had

Regards Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links