Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need Sum Help With A Number Of Questiona: Gs300 05 Plate

just got a lexus gs 300 05 plate

1) It seems that the sat nav screen looks a out dated, as in no as good looking as the gs300 08 plate i drove in. Now i know the new screens have a jigher resolution but that dusnt mean that the graphics cant be changed? I mean can this be changed by updating the firmware of the sat nav? or changing the dvd/cd disk?

which leads to my 2) question

2) where is the sat-nav disk. it looks like this is in the glove box, but on inspection i cant see any eject button ne help?

not sure if this is a sat nav cd or a sat nav dvd !

3) If it is a dvd based gps unit, does this mean that tv can be activated? or does the lexus gs300 05 not hav an inbuilt tuner.

4) Cant seem to get my contacts off my phone and on to the lexus phonebook. my phone is a blackberry 8310 curve and everytime i start transfer it says something about wap push error? ne help?

appreciate ne help in any of these question.

Apologies, im a newbie

1) It seems that the sat nav screen looks a out dated, as in no as good looking as the gs300 08 plate i drove in. Now i know the new screens have a jigher resolution but that dusnt mean that the graphics cant be changed? I mean can this be changed by updating the firmware of the sat nav? or changing the dvd/cd disk?

The nav system has been updated (in 07 I think) so it's actually different, updating the disc will give you extra mapping but everything will be the same.

which leads to my 2) question

2) where is the sat-nav disk. it looks like this is in the glove box, but on inspection i cant see any eject button ne help?

not sure if this is a sat nav cd or a sat nav dvd !

Sorry no idea on the location, but it is DVD based.

3) If it is a dvd based gps unit, does this mean that tv can be activated? or does the lexus gs300 05 not hav an inbuilt tuner.

There is no TV tuner, but I think it can be done aftermarket if you so wish.

4) Cant seem to get my contacts off my phone and on to the lexus phonebook. my phone is a blackberry 8310 curve and everytime i start transfer it says something about wap push error? ne help?

Sorry can't help with this either

How are you finding the car otherwise? :)

I don't know too much about this so I'll let one of the others on here who does fill you in on details, but I'd imagine you'd be looking in the region of £100-200 for a good quality digital TV tuner. The main part would be getting the input to the factory screen, TV tuners aren't too hard to get hold of :)

Have a look at this thread by another member on here who's done the same in his IS250..........CLICK HERE

Quite a change from a Mini Cooper though! :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links