Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I wonder if anyone else misses the lack of folding rear seats in their IS. I don't need to carry things that need extra length very often, but when I do it's a real pain. Went to IKEA the other day, I'm hope no one filmed my antics getting the two 1.9 metre flat packs into the car, what an embarrassment.

It would be a useful addition if Lexus were to include this feature in any future upgrade/facelift.

Anyone else think the same.

Hi

I wonder if anyone else misses the lack of folding rear seats in their IS. I don't need to carry things that need extra length very often, but when I do it's a real pain. Went to IKEA the other day, I'm hope no one filmed my antics getting the two 1.9 metre flat packs into the car, what an embarrassment.

It would be a useful addition if Lexus were to include this feature in any future upgrade/facelift.

Folding rear seats are more common on hatchbacks. They are less likely to come on a saloon where there is a metal bulkhead behind the rear seats, which gives quite a lot of strength so would be silly to remove. (From my experience, that is.)

Hi

I understand your frustration but I can't agree that the car should have folding seats (more squeaks and rattles) on the grounds that the car is not a station wagon its a luxury executive model. Nor would I want to slide cardboard cartons etc with steel staples etc in them to destroy my leather trim...I'd much prefer to pay a few quid delivery or phone a friend.

With regard to transporting goods the boot takes 2 good size suitcases or 5 bags of shopping....its a small boot and I did consider the car in this regard when I purchased. I'd go further and say its not a family car but is able to carry 4 in comfort should the need arise. I hope you don't take this response to be impolite its the last thing I want. The car is small, sleek, good-looking, powerful and luxurious in my view not mean't to be used as a pick up truck.

Functionality in any car can only be a good thing - executive saloon or not. Incidentally, BMW do offer it but as a cost option (its called through load) and there are no issues around rattles and stuff - they clunk shut positively and I have never had any issues with them.

Lexus should rectify this urgently so in the IS as it is a very useful feature to have. but perhaps Lexus should focus on providing a much improved diesel for the UK market first?

Both Audi and Volvo saloons come with folding rear seats and a useful feature it is too, or in my case essential. BMW offer it as a cost option on the 3 and 5 series. You can't get two full size suitcases in teh boot, my other halfs folks have just had to endure a journey to the airport with one case balanced across their knees when some friends took them in their IS220d. I had to buy a rood box to accomodate the spares for my track attivities. Just buying a mirror around 3ft 6" x 2ft meant my eldest daughter had to endure carrying on her cramped in the back.

If a car is built properly you don't get squeeks and rattles. Never a problem in all my other Volvos.

My old s60 had them and never creaked once. I also cant imagine volvo fitting them if they were to compromise safety.

Best of all was that the front passenger seat also folded flat for large long loads.

(Can't wait for another year so I can get shot of my IS220d sport).

The lack of folding seats may be a problem if this is your only car. Personally, I prefer to have a saloon without folding seats, for reasons of rigidity. Also, there's no way I would want a load of IKEA or B&Q boxes anywhere near my cream leather interior. Luckily for me, my wife's got a Scenic so that acts as load-carrier for trips to the dump and DIY stores. :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links