Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Nut Missing - Issue? / Showroom Dust Caps Removed

Realised after getting a tyre changed at Lexus that one of the wheel nuts was not replaced - and there's some rust there - probably an old car. Anyway the tyre won't suddenly fall off on the motorway? And is it important to get the nut back - it will probably be lying around in a spares box in the service/part dept!

Can't I use one in the Locking wheel nuts box you get (which are for the spare wheel or what please?)?

BTW on showroom cars are the tyre dust caps removed so people don't steal them or is there a more scientific reason?

your wheel won't fall off but you should get it sorted asap- car was designed with 5 nuts and that's what it should have

Just check they haven't threaded your studs and that's why it's missing. Happened to me at Lexus dealer

your wheel won't fall off but you should get it sorted asap- car was designed with 5 nuts and that's what it should have

Just check they haven't threaded your studs and that's why it's missing. Happened to me at Lexus dealer

*Cross-threaded

Eh? They've changed a wheel and given you your car back with 4 nuts on it? I'd get straight back there and tell them to put it back on! I have no idea how they could have even done that in the first place..........if they've screwed up the thread, just giving the car back with one nut missing doesn't sound like the best working practice :shutit:

ya they've probably fecked up the stud thread and hoped you wouldn't spot it till much later.... any decent tyre fitter would finish up tightening with a torque wrench and would have definitely spotted a missing nut.... go back and tear them a new one as if it was already damaged before they got it then they would have brought this to your attention and charged you for a new stud + labour

Blimey!

Thats not good!

Mind you!

When I picked up my car from the garage, they changed the brake pads. I went around all of the nuts to tighten them to the correct torque. 76 lb ft, I believe.

The nuts on the front wheels were so god damn tight I was standing on the wrench just to loosen them! Unbelievable!

Mind you only problem now is that my front brakes clunk all the time! :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links