Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

H&r Lowering Springs

lexusIT

well it was about the time for me to finally get the chassis a little closer to the ground, so decided to go the cheap route and bought some H&R lowering springs off eBay (item nr. 300252466428).

While I am pleased with the way my car now looks, I have to admit i'm pretty disappointed with how it drives... I've always hear that with a drop of 3 cm stock shoks should be fine, instead i find myself bottoming out in the front every time I go over a speed bumb.

Now I know you would say "take them slower!" well that's what I do, speedbump are approached at less than 10 kms/h, still I feel the suspension arm hittin the bumpstop.

This is way too soft, and since I haven't carried over the job myself I wonder if there could be a chance the garage has done something stupid, i.e. mixing up front & rear springs (I figure the front should be firmer than the rear ones, right?)

Has anyone ever had this problem when changing springs?

Is it possible to switch front & rear?

Thank you for your opinion.

r.

yes probably a good idea... I'll start and try to see if I can take a look at the spring and figure out if they've been mounted th eother way arounf.. I know for sure there was a "f" and "r" stamped on each spring, but not so sure the guy knew what they could stand for :o

does anyone know if they can be mounted rear on th efront and vice-versa? :question:

you cant mix the front and rear springs

how old is the car, its possible your shocks were knackered before hand, now the springs are on there damping deficiency is now coming to the fore

I had this when i fitted Apexi springs on my IS200, the car just seem to bounce all the time and found out the shocks were old and tired but felt ok with the normal springs fitted :unsure:

how old is the car, its possible your shocks were knackered before hand, now the springs are on there damping deficiency is now coming to the fore

I had this when i fitted Apexi springs on my IS200, the car just seem to bounce all the time and found out the shocks were old and tired but felt ok with the normal springs fitted :unsure:

Then you fitted them cheap TTE coilovers :lol:

Then you fitted them cheap TTE coilovers :lol:

yeh but you had them before me :whistling::lol:

well it was about the time for me to finally get the chassis a little closer to the ground, so decided to go the cheap route and bought some H&R lowering springs off eBay (item nr. 300252466428).

While I am pleased with the way my car now looks, I have to admit i'm pretty disappointed with how it drives... I've always hear that with a drop of 3 cm stock shoks should be fine, instead i find myself bottoming out in the front every time I go over a speed bumb.

Now I know you would say "take them slower!" well that's what I do, speedbump are approached at less than 10 kms/h, still I feel the suspension arm hittin the bumpstop.

This is way too soft, and since I haven't carried over the job myself I wonder if there could be a chance the garage has done something stupid, i.e. mixing up front & rear springs (I figure the front should be firmer than the rear ones, right?)

Has anyone ever had this problem when changing springs?

Is it possible to switch front & rear?

Thank you for your opinion.

r.

I have the same HR springs on yellow Bilstein shocks.

Car handling, im sure its not what this chassis is most capable of with a better combination or a suspension kit but i don't have any serious bottoming issues (only on extreme rough conditions).

I think you have to replace / upgrade your shocks.

Springs, front/rear mixing is impossible and out of question.

This thread is interesting, that's another advantage of coilovers that I'd never thought of, i.e. that you're getting new shocks at the same time with them.

i agree takes out the risk of buying springs then having to buy new shocks after and do the job twice. tein basics are under 500 posted to your door and you have new shocks springs and easy fitted. then you also have choice on how the car sits front and rear

I really think as someone said the shorter spring are putting more stress on the worn out shocks and that' s definitely not good.

I've heard all this stories about shorter springs being ok with oem shocks, bu that obviously don't take in account situation where the shock are on the way out and this extra stress just take the last bit off of them.

all in all, learned something today... should've gone for a better combination than this.

I have the same HR springs on yellow Bilstein shocks.

Car handling, im sure its not what this chassis is most capable of with a better combination or a suspension kit but i don't have any serious bottoming issues (only on extreme rough conditions).

I think you have to replace / upgrade your shocks.

Springs, front/rear mixing is impossible and out of question.

should've gone for the same route I know, but bets price I could find was around 1000 eur for the combo...

don' tknow, just though that was a bit steep!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links