Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Scraping Noise

Kazi

I must admit mights been doing this forever, i just turned the music up but I dont like other people I drive past having to listen to the scrape noise it still makes me sad, let me know if your discs & pads help as I have some to fit for the last few months just never got round to it lol..

If you're getting a constant noise then the new disks & pads should sort it mate :) I had a right weird noise, thought it was the brake master cylinder from what I'd read but I'd just kinda killed the pads. Should have taken pictures as it was great, the garage had never seen anything like it - and they were OEM Lexus disks and pads and had only been on the car for about 20k miles!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be a bit better after I took the car for a 150 mile trip. I did notice though this afternoon when moving my car out the way from a difficult parking spot that the scrape sounding noise occurred lightly when turning the steering wheel slightly but stationary, as if I was doing a 3 point turn. Is their any chance the noise maybe coming from the steering? The pump or some other mechanics?

Just a suggestion...does this scrapping noise only happen when the car is moving,stationary or both? You sure its not the drive/fan/power steering belts making the noise?

I thought, or should I say, only noticed it when I was steering whilst in motion. But it made a simular noise when stationary and turning the steering wheel. Checked the Power steering fluid level and that seems ok. I was convinced it was the brakes up until this afternoon when it did it stationary.... :duh:

Just a suggestion...does this scrapping noise only happen when the car is moving,stationary or both? You sure its not the drive/fan/power steering belts making the noise?

I thought, or should I say, only noticed it when I was steering whilst in motion. But it made a simular noise when stationary and turning the steering wheel. Checked the Power steering fluid level and that seems ok. I was convinced it was the brakes up until this afternoon when it did it stationary.... :duh:

Looking at this and your first post I'd say it was your power steering pump working if there is a whine as well. I bet it's worse when stationary on full lock. If it is this take a look at your PAS fluid, if it''s more grey than red might be worth getting it changed.

Looking at this and your first post I'd say it was your power steering pump working if there is a whine as well. I bet it's worse when stationary on full lock. If it is this take a look at your PAS fluid, if it''s more grey than red might be worth getting it changed.

Its the Supercharger that whines...(and the Mrs) I've checked the fluid and the level looks ok. Im just hoping when the weather temp picks up I can do the brakes and maybe cure this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links