Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Sparkplugs

gji25

• 1 year later...

Ok so I seem to have a flat spot between 1k to 2.5k more noticeable when engine is hot.

Car is about due a service so looking for some decent plugs to try to even this issue out.

These Denso plugs... Having not really noticed ANY real differences when changing plugs on any of my previous vehicles. Why are these better?

Fuel economy?

Power Gain?

Cleaner more efficient running?

Just want to satisfy my mind that spending £60 on plugs is going to be better than spending £50 on plugs.

Thanks for all information on this.

Recently just put a set of Denso iridium IK20, set me back around £60

To a full tank of fuel iv gained a very noticeble 20miles also a smoother pull when

accelerating. I belive it is more cleaner and efficent, previously was running with ngk's.

Thanks Leki

Will go for the Denso's then. :)

Hope it smooths out my flat spot. Although it may be a pipe off/split have not checked properley yet.

Read up on the Denso's and as they are iridiun the contact core can be finer so it takes less current to create a strong spark. So hopefully if it a coil pack failing it may clear that up too??

Thats correct it has a 0.4mm core better combustion therefore more mpg

Hopefully it clears up your flat spot but if the problem is still there after replacing the plugs,

it would be good to check the;

coil pack

all rubber/plastic pipework

inlet

throttle body

timing

i read on the lexus offical website that the irid plugs only need a change at 100k..!!! so they must be good denzo plugs are fitted by lexus at the factory i think.....

I'm surprised at that. The plugs may well last 100k miles but iirc the IS200 maintenance schedule recommends replacement at 60k or 6 years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links