Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Pics / First 'proper Clean'

kweilo

n764265036_4456793_9590.jpg

n764265036_4456795_173.jpg

n764265036_4456788_8003.jpg

n764265036_4456799_1416.jpg

Yes, I'm feeling all smug about the car...

However, I have noticed that the car has 'corrosion' on the calipers and inside the engine bar on the various nuts etc.

Now, the car came from the Brighton area, and the previous owner lived in Shoreham-by-Sea.

Should I be overly concerned about any corrosion type problems, baring in mind the car has spend time in a salty / wet environment?

n764265036_4456793_9590.jpg

n764265036_4456795_173.jpg

n764265036_4456788_8003.jpg

n764265036_4456799_1416.jpg

Yes, I'm feeling all smug about the car...

However, I have noticed that the car has 'corrosion' on the calipers and inside the engine bar on the various nuts etc.

Now, the car came from the Brighton area, and the previous owner lived in Shoreham-by-Sea.

Should I be overly concerned about any corrosion type problems, baring in mind the car has spend time in a salty / wet environment?

well if its not rotten now then it won't get any worse. If its that bad just get some replacement nuts and bolts, i changed alot of mine for dome headed ones purely for looks. I'd only be really worried if the underside looked suspect.

I assume you have given the underside a good jetwash

Looks very clean mate, nice work. As for the calipers, mine looked exactly the same and never seen the sea! It's pretty normal for them to look like that, just paint them, just a few hours work and will look a whole lot better :)

nice colour :winky:

i think most suffer from these minor issues,particulary the nuts under the bonnet...i dont think it matters if you live near the sea anymore,the amount of salt /grit shoved on the roads more than makes up for it. I live about a mile from the sea and have never suffered from excessive corrosion in my cars....

Looks very clean mate, nice work. As for the calipers, mine looked exactly the same and never seen the sea! It's pretty normal for them to look like that, just paint them, just a few hours work and will look a whole lot better :)

What do you reckon for the discs... I was thinking dark to mesh nicely, so maybe grey or black?

well if its not rotten now then it won't get any worse. If its that bad just get some replacement nuts and bolts, i changed alot of mine for dome headed ones purely for looks. I'd only be really worried if the underside looked suspect.

Underside looks tip-top, so it is purely cosmetic as far as I can tell.

Sources for replacements - dealer or internet for those?

Underside looks tip-top, so it is purely cosmetic as far as I can tell.

Sources for replacements - dealer or internet for those?

eBay look up chrome dome head nuts/bolts they arent that expensive and i'd bet on most being m6 m8 or m10 threads

someone will know as i can guarantee you someone has counted them all :D

What do you reckon for the discs... I was thinking dark to mesh nicely, so maybe grey or black?

All depends what you prefer, people on here have painted all sorts of colours, red, yellow, blue, black, silver, gold, and I'm sure there are probably others..........

Personally I went for black with silver decals to keep things understated:

277807451.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links