Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Being watching the 220d posts for any reference to the recall for the 5th injector issue. I received a recorded delivery letter on Friday the 3rd, had it done on the 13th.

All in all a very civilized experience, came back cleaned inside and out and a full tank of fuel.

No appreciable difference, but it's only done 8500 miles.

Anybody else had the upgrade?

DJ

Being watching the 220d posts for any reference to the recall for the 5th injector issue. I received a recorded delivery letter on Friday the 3rd, had it done on the 13th.

All in all a very civilized experience, came back cleaned inside and out and a full tank of fuel.

No appreciable difference, but it's only done 8500 miles.

Anybody else had the upgrade?

DJ

just about everybody by now,i think you must be one of the last as the recall was initiated about five months ago,thanks for the input matey. :)

I had all my recalls done a month or 2 ago.

To be honest, I was not suffering as much as some have been, always in the low 40mpgs each and every tank

Nowadays, am always between 45 and 46mpg per tank, even without thinking about driving style.

On a good motorway run, I always stick cruise on at about 75mph and can guarantee 47 - 48mpg

I may be in the minority over this, but I'm really happy with how things have turned out for my car........12 months on, 37,000 miles and still loving every minute of it

Thanks for the replys guys.

45 - 46mpg is very good GJD, I assume you do a lot of motorway miles, I do a lot of short town journeys and I have a average of 38.5mpg over 5000mls. on a run to Bath in the summer I averaged 46mpg, could get 50 if I tried.

Glad you are pleased with yours, I have had mine 11 months, and I still get a little tingle when I touch that button.

DJ

Thanks for the replys guys.

45 - 46mpg is very good GJD, I assume you do a lot of motorway miles, I do a lot of short town journeys and I have a average of 38.5mpg over 5000mls. on a run to Bath in the summer I averaged 46mpg, could get 50 if I tried.

Glad you are pleased with yours, I have had mine 11 months, and I still get a little tingle when I touch that button.

DJ

it is probably 75% motorway, 25% A/B roads to be honest, does amaze me sometimes though - I live north bristol and in the summer had a trip down to Bournemouth with is a pretty crap route, all A roads, through towns etc, managed 45mpg no problems

Hi everyone - as some of you may have read, I'm considering a 220D, ans some of these issues have been a concern to me...

I was back in with the dealer today negotiating price, and asked him about the 5th injector, and he gave me a copy of the registration book of the car to call lexus and check - they inform me that only a small percentage of cars with specific VIN numbers were affected by this, and that (according to VIN number) the one I'm considering was not one of them - is this true, of is it something still likely to arise and NOT be covered by the recall (and cost me lots of money!)

as far as i am aware the recall was for all 220's,ask the dealer to confirm in writing and check with lexus gb before you purchase.

As I say, I did call Lexus GB, and gave the vehicle identification number, they said the one I'm considering wasn't recalled (sport model) despite being Jul 2006?

as far as i am aware the recall was for all 220's,ask the dealer to confirm in writing and check with lexus gb before you purchase.

As I say, I did call Lexus GB, and gave the vehicle identification number, they said the one I'm considering wasn't recalled (sport model) despite being Jul 2006?

I have an 07 plate 220 sport and i had a recall letter a couple of weeks ago, just had it done and still only getting about 26-27mpg. Double check with lexus gb and try and get them to say it in writing

Got my letter in and couldn't have been timed better as the car was due it's first service....

Car was collected & returned from my house and had the 5th injector recall done.... came back all cleaned inside & out along with a bottle of Champagne + Full tank of diesel....

To top it all off due the problems I have had in the past they waved the cost of the service.... Dealer has just gone up in my estimation's :)

At last the caring side of Lexus has been shown...

For info car was 07 SE with 10K on clock

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links