Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Again

Gord

Well its christmas coming soon and the kids wanting games console........................thay have DS, Wii, and psp, thay also have playstation 2 that no longer works :duh: now one is asking for playstation 3 the other asking for Xbox 360.

Thay have lots of games for playstation 2 and no games for the xbox 360, will the playstation games play on the new playstation 3 :question:

I had thought about getting both, new playstation 2 and xbox 360, what do you thinks best console to go for :question:

Ps. as far as i know, apple dont make igames consoles :winky:

personally i would say xbox 360 purely cos its got more games and you can play online and stuff.

i was gonna buy a ps3 a few months after they come out but nearly everybody i know either got bored or sold theirs to go back on the xbox for 1 reason or another so i never bothered

Thay have lots of games for playstation 2 and no games for the xbox 360, will the playstation games play on the new playstation 3 :question:

When I bought mine, UK PS3s wouldn't play PS2 games (well they do but do it weirdly) whereas US ones do (which is partly why I got a US one, and the fact it was a LOT cheaper :) )

Either way I'd go for the PS3 hands down, have you seen the quality of the graphics side by side? The PS3 is an unbelievable machine - Aaron's right about games, but that will improve (the PS3 has only been out a short while compared to the XBox)

Other than that the PS3 is a far more versatile machine. It is an HD games console, a blu-ray player, a wireless media server, and with PlayTV, a twin tuner HD freeview PVR. As you have a PSP it makes it even more interesting as you can use your PSP to watch TV or stuff recorded on your PS3 anywhere in the world using wifi.................not sure if you'll use it but it's seriously cool :winky:

i would say the 360.. as they are so well priced now.. and everyone i know who has a PS3... also has a 360... that is used 90% of the time and the PS3 is only used for games like GT5..

The 360 is a lot more family orientated too, and at the moment you could get 2 360s for the price of 1 ps3!

Games starting at £10 for hte 360 as well... can network the 360s together easy so that you can play against each other or online... free trial downloads off Xbox live as well will stop the need for new games being bought all the time too..

Plus they can be customised with individual faceplates etc

When I bought mine, UK PS3s wouldn't play PS2 games (well they do but do it weirdly) whereas US ones do (which is partly why I got a US one, and the fact it was a LOT cheaper :) )

Either way I'd go for the PS3 hands down, have you seen the quality of the graphics side by side? The PS3 is an unbelievable machine - Aaron's right about games, but that will improve (the PS3 has only been out a short while compared to the XBox)

Other than that the PS3 is a far more versatile machine. It is an HD games console, a blu-ray player, a wireless media server, and with PlayTV, a twin tuner HD freeview PVR. As you have a PSP it makes it even more interesting as you can use your PSP to watch TV or stuff recorded on your PS3 anywhere in the world using wifi.................not sure if you'll use it but it's seriously cool :winky:

The Xbox 360 is a HD games console... ????

You can download HD Movies from xbox live.. or you can buy a HD dvd addon for £30...

The PS3 is a good console no doubt about it.. but by the time the PS3 gets good... the next gen XBOX will be out.. then sony can try and play catch up again

Sorry mate, wasn't saying it wasn't, was just pointing out all the things the PS3 is :blush:

Although side by side, the graphics on the PS3 are a fair bit better (just my opinion though :tomato: )

I do agree about the price, but the PS3 is a machine that hasn't been taken to it's limits yet, so the next xbox is going to have to be something else to beat it - I can't help but feel the XBox is a machine they're just filling time with now, and factor in the price of a standalone blu-ray player and the price evens out a bit..........

wouldnt buy blueray discs myself... still like HD DVD's as they are about £3 at the mo.. lol

Now that HD Downloads are more prevolent i will be going down that route, so even blueray has its lifespan.. but the stand alones are now sub £200.. so in a few more months they will be eligible for cerial box prizes.. lol..

I personaly dont agree with the graphics side of things.. have seen the consoles played on identical tv's next to each other with identical games... and no difference..

have also seen all the indipendant chip tests etc... and there is no real difference.. ever remember the "emotion" chip set.. that never lived up..

If the PS3 was as good as they say i would get one.. .i still will at some point but am waiting till it becomes worth it.. the one feature i do like though is the Bluetooth as it is cool.

But Xbox are having a mini relaunch of its software in november changing the dash board completely... bringing it smack bang into line with the Wii and the PS3... and for free too

I used to be a die hard PS2 fan.. hated microsoft etc etc.. but now feel cheated by sony for selling over hyped and under speced consoles to us compared to other markets.

I now own 3 seperate 360 consoles (2x elites and 1x normal 20gb) on 3 tv's.. and have been running 360's since jan 06... and still love every second of them.. the controler is far more ergonomic in my opinion

Get an apple iConsole.............best thing since sliced bread! (Whoops................wrong thread :blush: :P)

I am not a big games player, but what I do know is look at the type of games your kids (and you!) like playing and then see which console has the best games for their particular taste.

My little brother used to have an Xbox360 with loads and loads of games and now has a PS3, but to be honest he only got one because his friends got PS3's too - sheep really.

Slightly off topic, but I know on the Xbox 360 Forza Motorsport 2 has the complete Nürburgring (Nordschleife) circuit on it, but can anyone confirm if Grand Turismo 5 on the PS3 also has the complete track?

Get an Apple iConsole.............best thing since sliced bread! (Whoops................wrong thread :blush: :P)

I am not a big games player, but what I do know is look at the type of games your kids (and you!) like playing and then see which console has the best games for their particular taste.

My little brother used to have an Xbox360 with loads and loads of games and now has a PS3, but to be honest he only got one because his friends got PS3's too - sheep really.

Slightly off topic, but I know on the Xbox 360 Forza Motorsport 2 has the complete Nürburgring (Nordschleife) circuit on it, but can anyone confirm if Grand Turismo 5 on the PS3 also has the complete track?

Cant confirm if the full version of GT5 will have it... will be interesting to see how it compares to the Forza version.. as i believe that when they digitised the track every single variation in the surface was added such as levels etc... and even the grafiti!

PS3 owners do tend to be people that have friends with them (or gadget lovers)

I think any kid would be happy to have either... .personaly when growing up i never got any of these things... all my friends etc had the mega drives etc for christmas... i was still plaing with my C64.. with tape deck.. lol

and being an old school software pirate... a 10pk of TDK casettes, a twin deck casette recorder and a lady at asda who didnt know they could be copied.... sorry lady but this one didnt work... can i swap it for another game? certainly dear.... 1980's pirate baby.. and under 10 years old! lol

Also... buying the books from boot fairs that you had to type in code for about 2 days to create your own games!

Have a Wii, love it. However, 360 or PS3? Not a lot in performance, but PS3 is a Blu Ray player to. PS3 gets my vote. If nothing else, the 360 is Microsoft. They've also have problems poor solder.

You can download HD Movies from xbox live.. or you can buy a HD dvd addon for £30...

The PS3 is a good console no doubt about it.. but by the time the PS3 gets good... the next gen XBOX will be out.. then sony can try and play catch up again

Just like 360 is playing catch up to a newer console that everyone wrote off......Good old Nintendo! :D

I have a PS3, and prefer it over the Xbox 360.

The Playstaion controller is much easier to use than the Xbox, and you have to pay to play online with the Xbox, its free on the Ps3.

IMO its the PS3.

XBOX live is by far the best service though.. cant say i have met one happy PS3 online user.. struggling to get into matches.. far less competant servers.. less online content..

You get what you pay for, and in the end the paultry sum of £35 a year gets you a near perfect system that is only at the mercy of your internet connection.. free stuff all the time.. its the worlds biggest online comunity with regards to gaming and gets better and better and better..

i pre-ordered a ps3 when they first came out, 2 months later i traded it for a wii. this was due to the fact the games were so poor back then. purchased another one about 1 month ago as it had the games i wanted.... plus its a blue ray player

for me it will be the X-box 360 for all the online games, as X-box live is much better than the Playstation online, but for single player games and bluerays i use my PS3 instead, yes i do have both machine, so i get the best of both world....hehehe :D :D :D :D

for me it will be the X-box 360 for all the online games, as X-box live is much better than the Playstation online, but for single player games and bluerays i use my PS3 instead, yes i do have both machine, so i get the best of both world....hehehe :D :D :D :D

Thanks maz, having both is cool really :D

Thanks maz, having both is cool really :D

Depend what your kids (or you hehe) want to play Gord... if you going to play alots of online games then go for X-box, but if you want to play normal single player games with better graphic and able to watch Blueray movies then go for PS3, personly i find the PS3 graphic better than X-box (not by much thus ), but Blue ray is very good if you have a HD set up, as i like playing Fifa online, i spend more times on the X-box than the PS3....and use the PS3 mainly for movies and single player games (eg GT5)

Cant comment on any of the others but my son has a Wii and the best things about it are

1) Promotes family style play rather than losing your children to the console - Lots of shared playing games and fun

2) Most games are pretty active - rather than simply sitting with a controler in your hand - you are jumping, throwing, punching and twisting about with the controller - Keeps the kids a little more active than most the consoles and again makes it a fun experience for all the family.

After buying my son the PS2 when it came out - I regretted it after a few days - as I lost him to the system. In the end, had to ban him from it - Just think they are not very sociable things....The Wii on the other hand is completely different.

Worth finding if anyone has one who you know and give it a try.....same with all the other consoles.

Cant comment on any of the others but my son has a Wii and the best things about it are

1) Promotes family style play rather than losing your children to the console - Lots of shared playing games and fun

2) Most games are pretty active - rather than simply sitting with a controler in your hand - you are jumping, throwing, punching and twisting about with the controller - Keeps the kids a little more active than most the consoles and again makes it a fun experience for all the family.

After buying my son the PS2 when it came out - I regretted it after a few days - as I lost him to the system. In the end, had to ban him from it - Just think they are not very sociable things....The Wii on the other hand is completely different.

Worth finding if anyone has one who you know and give it a try.....same with all the other consoles.

November 19th the Xbox 360 gets a major update to the front panel that will enable it to match the WII with regards to family based items (allbeit with better graphics) it is gaining more and more WII like games and they are turning the console into a family hub..

I have a WII... spent ages tracking it down.. got a load of games... set it up.. a week later it was back in the box... 10 months later.. its still there.. lol

November 19th the Xbox 360 gets a major update to the front panel that will enable it to match the WII with regards to family based items (allbeit with better graphics) it is gaining more and more WII like games and they are turning the console into a family hub..

I have a WII... spent ages tracking it down.. got a load of games... set it up.. a week later it was back in the box... 10 months later.. its still there.. lol

Ah...but the Wii already has it.....cant keep doing this "I'll wait a few weeks until someone brings out an upgrade" - otherwise you'll either never buy one or never be happy with what you have bought.

If you have a Wii and its in its box - then I have some advice for you - Save it a couple of weeks and then put on eBay - Think you'll get a good deal closer to xmas when all the shops run out :)

Infact, dont you think the Wii is quite apple like? Perhaps its a conspiracy and should be pronounced backwards - its actually an apple iiw (pronounced Ewwh)

Thats why its so good and trances on the rest of the consoles..... ;)

(Before anyone attacks me - I'm joking re the apple....)

Gord, from personal experience:

Xbox:

Cheaper

Possibly better games and online games, but not by a lot.

Looks like cheap corparate Dell mini PCs (like they have in banks etc.)!

PS3:

Plays BlueRay

Internet Browsing

Built in Wireless

Built in Bluetooth

Built in Hard drive (all cost extra wit 360)

Better all round multimedia machine

Interfaces with PSP (if you have on, which you have!)

PlayTV - record digital tv onto harddrive to watch later or on psp.

Is possible to get one that's back-compatible (will play ps2 games) but be sure to get the right model that will do this.

Looks good!

Oh, and if you hadn't guessed, I has a PS3!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links