Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Confused.com

Parthiban

I got my insurance renewal in today (still a few weeks left on policy) so thought I'd check around for prices. The renewal was £550 (on a 10 month plan) which was fair enough, checked a new quote on their website and got the same price.

Then checked on confused.com, and with the same details it gave me a quote of £480! This saves a quote on the admiral site, went through all the inputs to check it hadn't done anything weird and the inputs were exactly the same as the original quote I did.

So how is it giving me two different prices? If I log in now there are two saved quotes, both with identical inputs but one is £70 cheaper than the other! :blink:

I got my insurance renewal in today (still a few weeks left on policy) so thought I'd check around for prices. The renewal was £550 (on a 10 month plan) which was fair enough, checked a new quote on their website and got the same price.

Then checked on confused.com, and with the same details it gave me a quote of £480! This saves a quote on the admiral site, went through all the inputs to check it hadn't done anything weird and the inputs were exactly the same as the original quote I did.

So how is it giving me two different prices? If I log in now there are two saved quotes, both with identical inputs but one is £70 cheaper than the other! :blink:

I did something the same with moneysupermarket.com, my insurance Quote with flux was over £1300, yet on moneysupermarket.com i was getting Quote from £488, so Flux are doing '' we will beat your quote'' Flux came back with £560 incl pncb, result ithink :D

Take Martin "Moneysavingexpert"s advice on car insurance.

He says something like do a run through Moneysupermarket.com (or another price comparison site), then check Direct Line as well because they can be the cheapest normal insurer but refuse to put themselves on the price comparison site.

Also personally I'd check Privilege and/or Tesco.

I went with Privilege in the end, put a quote in direct on their site, it was about £10 cheaper than Direct Line but the policy cover seemed better

Interesting, already tried Directline and Tesco, they were way off. Moneysupermarket comes out the same, it's just for some reason that Admiral quote via confused.com is much cheaper.

Will try Sky tomorrow just to see if they can do anything, but going on Adrian Flux's response last year I don't think they'll be able to match the Admiral quote.

Adrian Flux - I've been insured with them for the last 2 years. I went with them originally because I bought a second car and they were the only people who let me insure two cars for anything like a sensible price. Still cost about £1k, but everywhere else wanted double that!

I thought they were ok, but what annoyed me in the end is it cost me a bomb everytime I had to phone them because I had to use my mobile and they only have an 0870 number.

Several things:

Use moneysupermarket.com, confused.com, and tescos.

Cross check them with the sites. Some places like DirectLine etc don't put themselves on the comparison websites.

Also; often the 10-month 'accelerated' plans give you a year's no-claims at the end of it which can only be used with that insurer - like Admiral's one year ncb can't be transferred if it was after the 10 month plan.

Try to stick older, more experienced drivers in as additional drivers as they lower the premiums.

And finally, don't call up the 0870 numbers from your mobile! Use saynoto0870.com to find an alternative, or as soon as you call them up, ask for them to call you back as you're calling from a mobile. They're usually happy to oblige.

I got a quote once through those price comparison sites (quote was from Sainsburys bank) and the comparison site said one price (can't remember what it was) and when I tried to buy it, it took me to the sainsburys website where it came up with something completely different (much higher). I rang up sainsburys and they said that the comparison sites are a guide and they have no obligation to honour the price.

Cheek!!!

Needless to say I didn't go with them.

Also; often the 10-month 'accelerated' plans give you a year's no-claims at the end of it which can only be used with that insurer - like Admiral's one year ncb can't be transferred if it was after the 10 month plan.

Yep I'm using the 10 month plans at the mo partly because I want to build up the no claims quickly and partly because Admiral are the cheapest insurer for me by such a long way it's silly!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links