Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Mod

TommyH

so your insurance company didn't question the legality issue of the HID's with you???

No mate, he just asked what HID's were and then said it was fine.

hmmm, interesting that. who you with if you don't mind me asking?

Mine was the same Rob, they just said "so basicaly you have just uprated the bulbs to a better system which is fine)" and no extra cost :)

with these new brighter bulbs surley thats got to be almost like driving with your lights on full beam all the time?

They are very bright compared to the oem bulbs mate but if you decide to go for a set? pop into your local MOT station and ask if they can check the beam height for you and set them up the best they can.

When i fitted mine, i took mY LEX in due to them being quite low and the chap at the garage set them up and didnt cost me anything :D

So i am guessing 6000k kis what is fitted facory spec if you have HIDs

I think that factory ones are usually around 4500K, which are a bit whiter and brighter than 6000K

Surely the higher burning ones would give better visibility as they are brighter? :unsure:

6000K refers to the colour temperature, not to the brightness. So for example, 8000K are more blue than 6000K, and 10000K will be sort of purple. Because of the difference in colour, those ones with a "higher" colour temperature are actually *less* bright.

Go for 4500K if you want super-bright HIDs. They will be a little bit brighter than 6000K. A lot of people go for 6000K though because they're still bright, and have a very slight blue tinge which looks kinda cool :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links